Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

best thing ever

Hafgrim

Souls: 65.00
The reasoning behind saying this skill line is the king of physical damage buffs is the claim that it is a multiplier applied to current damage while most other buffs are an addition to the base damage. (1) Does anyone have test results? (2) Does each point modify the current damage (ie is the damage boost compounding on itself similar to compounding interest)?

Hafgrim

Mathz (I’m not a math guy. Might be fuzzy).

I’m not sure which skills use which method. The posts I’ve seen seem to indicate weapon skills (1 handed, ranged, etc.) use method (1) and Warfare uses method (2) or (3).

Let’s say you have a 100 damage weapon and you do 200% damage for 200 points of damage. You spec 10 points in skill X which adds 5% for point (50% Total)

(1) ADDED BASE PERCENTAGE - you now add the 50% to the 200% for total damage of ——-> 250.
(2) MULTIPLIED DAMAGE - you now add 50% of 200 for total damage of ——->300.
(3) “COMPOUNDED” MULTIPLIED DAMAGE - each time you add 5%, you re-tally the damage Similiar to compounded interest. Total damage of ——-> 326.

Hafgrim

Resolved. Not sure how to delete or edit :(
Does not increase physical damage dealt by healing spells on undead or decayed targets.
Does this affect necromancy spells which deal physical damage but are based on intelligence?
Yes. If you're going that route, consider taking Bouncing Shield for another ranged physical attack since you're probably going to use a shield anyway. Bouncing shield scales off of Warfare and your shield value.
This wiki says "to physical armour" but in-game is states that it's just a increase to all physical damage dealt.
Does this apply to Polymorph skills like Bull Rush? Everything I've looked at says different things.
Does Warfare damage bonus benefits bow atacks?
does it effects summons?