Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

What's the point a face-ripper if you get the Mask from Windego? Unless you have more than one Undead in your party. Does the mask make you interract with people like a specific NPC whose face you ripped or just a random elf/human/dwarf/lizard fellow?
The masks from the ripper make you that race and even if you take the mask off you stay as that race!
It is a bit late, but I still want to reply: As I have read you keep your "racial ability" with the Mask from Windego only when you keep it equiped. When you craft an elf mask for example (orb + ripped face of an elf) you can use it and unequip after. So you have your helm slot free for an actualy helmet.
I think if you have 1 of each race you combine them into a new mask of the shape shifter. So for multiple undead members yes.
This one allows you to remove the mask and equip a helmet, and still maintain that form.
Replying to September anon: This was a bug in an old version of the game, and is no longer true. Just tested. As of current patch of DE this does not work. You revert back to original form when you remove the item or equip a different helmet. But if you have multiple undead members, or want to share the shape shifting with other party members, then you can make more masks. That's the intended purpose of being able to craft more faces.
No idea
(since there doesn't seem to be a page specifically for the racial masks, i guess this will have to do)
Is there a way to change the appearance of the disguised form? from what i've discovered so far is that it does Not matter who's face you steal, you still always look like the standar, basic, default face, like the human male disguise, gives you short fluffy-ish hair, big bushy beard with up pointing mustache and for human females they just get the long half-hairstyle.
and imo, they both suck, and you cannot alter them with the mirror, it just *****s up Your character, not the disguise.

myhv

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Individual masks created by this will keep your form even if you unequip them.
This was a bug in an old version of the game, and is no longer true. Just tested. As of current patch of DE this does not work. You revert back to original form when you remove the item or equip a different helmet.
Does it screw origin characters quests?

Burvjradzite

Souls: 50.00
Totally worthless, the faces you ripoff doesnt matter, the shapeshift always makes you default ugly nps face. I wanted to collect faces of important characters and all that i get those same abominations.
*Roleplay Kniles as you meet his mother in Driftwood's tavern*
It would be nice if you could wear the shapeshifter mask AND hat but since you can’t it makes its usefulness limited