Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
Does this work on poison?
By Anonymous
it works
By Anonymous
Does it work on bloodrose
By Anonymous
Yes.
By Anonymous
as of 7/4/2019 food buffs don't last long enough to be utilized on undead characters. (whether the food is poisoned or not.) this affects all undead custom races, and Fane. Custom undead are still capable of getting drunk tested this with each race of undead. Fane is immune to drunk condition. (whether alcohol is poisoned or not) tested this on multiple saves , and for buff duration had each party member drink apple juice (6 turn duration) both in and out of combat. If taking this trait on undead it will only benefit potion effects and heals from poisoned food. the buffs are increased however they don't last long enough to be utilized.
By Anonymous
Had this talent and drank a Large Resist All potions then walked into the Shriekers in Act 3. They didn't attack me even when the effects wore off(but only staying around their affected areas).
By Anonymous
I passed by the Shriekers in act 3 and they totally ignored me. Without any potion.
By Anonymous
This and Medium Resist All potion = 100% resistance to all elements.

Also works well with Attar of the Blood Rose to give permanent +2 to all stats until you die (just load if you do). I think Lone Wolf increases this bonus to +4 to all stats.
By Anonymous
Lone Wolf does not increase the blood rose, the rest is correct
By Anonymous
Each point in a stat gives 5% damage. A dinner gives 2 strength for 6 turns. With this talent does it give 4 strength?
And do different food buffs stack if I’m eating a dinner and a mashed potato?
By Anonymous
Yes to first question, No to second one, it will override the first food.
By Anonymous
You can combo it with shackles to make those undead suffer; with shackles, decaying touch and food on non undead for similar results, and with shackles, poison and death wish for a supper buff.

I'm planning a build around this one, or maybe two (around dinner on a melee char, and around elven stew on an archer).
By Anonymous
Use Soulmate instead of the Shackle, soulmate give the same effect on undead but cannot be resisted. Can even OTK a certain daughters of someone along with her boyfriend :))
By Anonymous
I have tried this 4 times on 4 playthroughs. Never did the blood rose get improved by this talent. I take the talent moments before drinking the potion, and the attar always gives me only +1. Actually, further tests show that this talent does nothing for me. The probably that a mod is responsible for the problem is high. But i can't tell which one. It needs some extensive testing.
By Anonymous
does five star dinner increase the turns a potion and food affect you for?
By Anonymous
No, only the stat effects are affected.
By Anonymous
as far i understand, resistance potions provide 180% instead of 90%? Seems imbalanced against Alice Alisceon and other fire mages