Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

This skill seems lackluster on paper. At 55% dmg per swing, you're spending 2 source points to do slightly more dmg than if you just auto attacked twice instead.
well its 275%
4 AP is 2 attacks or 200%
So that's 75% of an attack for 2 SP
Can't imagine that being worth it.
(55% + Backstab bonus) x5, not 275%
vs
(100% + Backstab bonus) x2
Backstab bonus is multiplicative it is the crit modifier.
The formula is probably more like 55%*basedmg*critmultipier*5

If you got some proof crit modifier is added dmg and not multiplier i would be interested to learn more about it.
Can't this skill hit multiple enemies? That would make it worthwhile in some scenarios, wouldn't it? Still, not very impressive for later in the game...
Think the trick to this skill is using it with one dagger and shield. Then 5 hits is a great deal then you only hit once for 2 ap. 3 attacks for 2 SP may be a good deal.
I could see using this for a combo like: Adrenaline, Backlash, Daggers Drawn, Sucker Punch. That's Six AP to make Six attacks in total using a free hand rogue, with a possibility of a knockdown at the end, and you should be able to equip an offhand dagger, pawn move, and flurry next turn. Is 2 source worth it? Only if you have access to lots of source already. Depends on what you're doing I suppose.