Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
This quest disappears at some point without you even leaving fort joy, still haven't figured out what causes it to happen.
By Anonymous
As far as I can tell the boat, and the NPCs, leave if you clear the Magisters on the docks or lower the bridge out of Fort Joy. I've managed to do everything else in Fort Joy without it disappearing but the moment another path out of Fort Joy is cleared the boat is gone. I'm unsure about the sewer exist. I've not tried opening the gate and talking to Trice but I know going out the sewer gate to free Trice will cause the boat to leave without you. You can do Gawin's quest to completion, kill Kniles, kill Orivand, help Cork, and still take the boat out no problem though. You can clear the docks and loot Gawin's body after taking the boat without losing anything.
By Anonymous
I can't for the love of god find the boat on the marked indicator given by Delorus. Bugged?
By Anonymous
There's a bug where if you go in the room, then leave and go back to town, and then come back kill the other magistrates on the lower floor, and come back later, the ones near the boat disappear :( guess I have to reload a reaaaaally old save.
By Anonymous
Can't find the boat or the magisters that were guarding it.No clue what caused it to vanish as I have not left fort joy yet. It was either having the collar removed or doing the Gawin side quest.
By Anonymous
Unfortunately if too much in game time passes they will regardless of you removing the collar or leaving fort joy through another method.
By Anonymous
You have to take the boat the first time you see it or it will leave without you
By Anonymous
I got left behind :( does anyone know how to get back to their team?
By Anonymous
I believe it's when you get to the marsh. If you take a route other than via this way with the boat, it'll skip it. Had it happen on other playthru's so you have to come here first before entering the marsh to get this quest
By Anonymous
Never left fort joy, alexander/Dallis were still by the gate, so I assume I didn't trip the "you left fort joy" boundary fighting the monks in the harbor.

The "waterway" indicator and "path of greatest resistance" quests show up but there is nothing there. I got the password from Delorus.

Maybe I took too long but this is my second playthroigh and I haven't seen han and the magisterial either time. Also trice does not appear in flensers playground
By Anonymous
I haven't left fort joy yet, but I noticed that Han & the boat disappeared after I went to the old docks in the fort to find Gawin. If you want to take the boat with Han, just skip the fort joy docks for now.
By Anonymous
Seems like if you approach both magisters and han but don't interract with them they'll leave. So don't go for that last silent monk's kill, otherwise missing on two juicy magisters.
By Anonymous
So that's what I did wrong.