Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
If you have access to teleportation (from gawin's quest or otherwise) you can just teleport her into the shriekers when you progress the Seekers to the abandoned camp

Seekers didn't aggro me when I TP'd her, likely cuz she isn't in direct sight when she takes damage. Shriekers kill her before she has any chance to aggro as well.
Easy way to get her stuff, just remember to buy her skillbooks first as only certain drops are guaranteed, like her ring Astarte's Tears. She'll only drop a couple of her skillbooks on death. Even if you run out of wand charges you can use Braccus's helmet.

Rinse and repeat for any others you wanna get rid of before committing to fighting Alexander, since everyone else dies in the transition to act 2 anyway, and you don't have a good way to loot them on the Lady Vengeance.
By Anonymous
This is so unnecessary
By Anonymous
Dude, "aggro" isn't a verb, let alone a word. Learn to speak the English language and stop trying to sound cool.
By Anonymous
Let her be
By Anonymous
"Give me back my soul, where you have seen me commit countless atrocities and feign sorrow, you insolent pup!"
*Your free trial of existence has ended*
By Anonymous
This is also when I decided “oops!”
By Anonymous
Wasn't wrong about you being emotionally immature lol.

I've tested all her dialogue choices, and honestly, she really did changed, no matter what insult you throw at her, she accepts it, she even talks about how she deserves whatever punishment you threw at her for what she did, and what she did, it came out of fear and love, most of all loyalty. I can't see her redemption as fake when she really seems to mean them, especially when she talks about how she tried to suicide to repent for her sins and failed because her King and lover didn't want her to die just like that.

All the haters seems to only be hating on her because they're not using logic to reason, but instead they're using emotions as a guide, and obvious if I call any of you guys any name you'd probably kill me ingame, because that's the level of emotionally immaturity you guys are at. Playing God and saying this or that person deserves to die because they hurt your feelings, come on. Grow a pair lol.

Imagine if some random kid got a hold of your soul, and they kept waving it in front of you, and you've been waiting and suffering for 1000 years, how'd you feel? A bit angry, no **** sherlocke, that's probably why she was mad, especially when she just met you, how can she trust you, trust a stranger to not give in to emotions and kill her on the spot, that's why she has a ton of secrets, yet once you return the jar, she actually opens up.

It says a lot about your character as an individual.
Those who actually don't get mad at her and kept an openmind says a lot about their stronger individual character as well.

We all know for a fact you'd be willing to do anything for your mom, especially if some kill her and there was no law stopping you from getting revenge. We know and you know you'll probably take it.
By Anonymous
She does seem to have changed, but whether that means she is comepletely free from her previous atrocities is a different matter. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone finds her deeds too far to be forgivable. The only reason I give her soul back in my playthroughs is because I have no direct business with her past; I simply don't care who she was as I'm not one of her victims. If my character was some kind of a universal judge however, I would find her guilty.
By Anonymous
To get the most loot and xp from her, first talk to her with one character from outside the water, choose the option to hand out the jar and drop it. Stop right before the "end" dialogue choice and go to another character that has teleportation to drop Gratiana into the water. You'll lose a few attitude points. Now sneak and pickpocket all you can off her and then go back to the first character and click end for her immediate death and even more loot on her body.
By Anonymous
Gratiana is the example of what RPG NPC should be. She is a complex character with a complex background. She is, as any human being, only a shade of grey, there is no black nor white. Here are tips i gathered about the character: 1) She claims that Amadia wants her soul back. When you drop her jar on the ground before her... She is shocked, and say "No! no, no, no ! Amadia, please, forgive me !". Meaning, at least, she is honest: she really considers Amadia wants her soul back, and it may even be true. 2) When you explore the feelings of the different souls in the jars... The 3 necromancers express frustration, hatred, anger and terror after they're punished by Braccus. Even though Gratiana was arguably the most wretched of them all, her soul is only weighted by deep, deep sadness. The narrator wonders if she regrets her life of leacherous luxury, or her actions. I believe that if she was regretting her ancient life, she would demonstrate the same kind of feelings as the necromancers: frustration, anger, terror, and such. I doesn't sit right for me that you only feel desperate sadness if she was only regretting her luxurious life. 3) In the vision you have of Gratiana at the time of Braccus, her vile actions are shown. She is a terrible monster. The worst of them all. But, at the end of the vision, it is said that she saw a weeping face, and that she reached out as to comfort it. But Braccus didn't allow that, and took her back, cursing her in the swamps. This weeping face is, no doubt about it, the stone face of Amadia that is in the Sanctuary. What we can say is: it's true something changed when she met Amadia. Something deep and important enough to make Braccus take radical actions towards her. At the end of day, i believe Gratiana never was and will never be a nice person. But i believe her regret is sincere, as is her devotion to Amadia, and her desire to lend her hand to the Seekers and others who are suffering. She is a ***** at times when things don't go as she pleases. But i believe Larian worked hard on their characters. It would make no sense for a character to change completely. She was an horrible wretch and even now, she is not nice. She has a ****ty temper and doesn't see harsh words and insults as being a problem. But on the other hand, she is not the wretched murderer she once was, either. The character didn't change, but evolved drastically. I believe nobody can change, but people can evolve. As such, i believe her redemption is real.
By Anonymous
I wonder how many of the people that criticize Gratiana and treat her redemption with disdain are also the kind of players that murder hobo everyone for xp. I am sure there are some double standards out there.
By Anonymous
Gratiana is the example of what RPG NPC should be. She is a complex character with a complex background. She is, as any human being, only a shade of grey, there is no black nor white. Here are tips i gathered about the character: 1) She claims that Amadia wants her soul back. When you drop her jar on the ground before her... She is shocked, and say "No! no, no, no ! Amadia, please, forgive me !". Meaning, at least, she is honest: she really considers Amadia wants her soul back, and it may even be true. 2) When you explore the feelings of the different souls in the jars... The 3 necromancers express frustration, hatred, anger and terror after they're punished by Braccus. Even though Gratiana was arguably the most wretched of them all, her soul is only weighted by deep, deep sadness. The narrator wonders if she regrets her life of leacherous luxury, or her actions. I believe that if she was regretting her ancient life, she would demonstrate the same kind of feelings as the necromancers: frustration, anger, terror, and such. I doesn't sit right for me that you only feel desperate sadness if she was only regretting her luxurious life. 3) In the vision you have of Gratiana at the time of Braccus, her vile actions are shown. She is a terrible monster. The worst of them all. But, at the end of the vision, it is said that she saw a weeping face, and that she reached out as to comfort it. But Braccus didn't allow that, and took her back, cursing her in the swamps. This weeping face is, no doubt about it, the stone face of Amadia that is in the Sanctuary. What we can say is: it's true something changed when she met Amadia. Something deep and important enough to make Braccus take radical actions towards her. At the end of day, i believe Gratiana never was and will never be a nice person. But i believe her regret is sincere, as is her devotion to Amadia, and her desire to lend her hand to the Seekers and others who are suffering. She is a ***** at times when things don't go as she pleases. But i believe Larian worked hard on their characters. It would make no sense for a character to change completely. She was an horrible wretch and even now, she is not nice. She has a ****ty temper and doesn't see harsh words and insults as being a problem. But on the other hand, she is not the wretched murderer she once was, either. The character didn't change, but evolved drastically. I believe nobody can change, but people can evolve. As such, i believe her redemption is real. At the end of Act 1, once you killed Alexandar, she disappears. Some people wonder where she went. Actually, she explains it herself. When you ask her if she will go back to the Hall of Echoes afterwards, she tells you that she may do so, one day. But that for now, the world lies are her feet and she has all eternity to explore it, and praise Amadia's name. Basically, she went on travel acrosse the world, preaching Amadia's name, as her priestess.
By Anonymous
Interesting detail: in the first game there's was an exploit through which you could make money selling a ton of items to a vendor and then when the vendor is killed/died you can retrieve all the items back. I tried to do the same with Gratiana but it doesn't work because the loot is limited, so if you sell her a lot of items, you can only loot back some of it when she dies, I believe ordered by the most valuable.
By Anonymous
In the definitive edition they changed the dialog to make her regret more convincing and the choice more balanced.
By Anonymous
What do the other necromancers have to say about her ? "She helped his rise to power, feeding him the Source of the innocent as she went", "Treacherous and deceitful - she could LIE BETTER THAN ANY". "She murdered countless innocents: women, children, families, towns."
Even when sharing the memories from her jar, the narrator wonders if that is actually regret for her actions that you feel, or regret for the lecherous life and bloodlust that were her life.
She is the absolute worst. Do not help her!
By Anonymous
I gave her a jar that belonged to the immortal prisoners, and now i dont have the jars. i killed gratiana and she wont drop them.... any help? has she hidden them somewhere?
By Anonymous
quick load
By Anonymous
After i told everyone to go to the camp she spawned in front of the shriekers and died