Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

Alternatively, if you drink the potion, you can kill yourself using your companion and then use a resurrection scroll.
Neither of them ever return to driftwood for me. They just wander around the field.
Is Geraldine's stash discoverable normally?
yes
Follow the wiki entry and craft the second potion. I got stuck feeding it to the cow and she/he wouldnt turn back to human (kept saying it would kick in a minute) so I went to kill the witch Alice, came back, fed the cow the potion again and he/she turned back. The journal entry is CLOSED.
There's one real rat among the exploding rats which if it killed, they won't respawn. It seems they also have fixed moving pattern. You can use rain and cover half of the area with water then use contamination or spreading spider web then ignite them. The real one should be around near center area and easily get caught by the explosion of the fake rats. The fake one won't avoid fire and poison area.
It seems if you find one particular rats and destroy it, the other rats will vanish. I cast dragon breath to keep them away at the door and aoe earth damage to one area where the rats were crossing and killed the single and the others disappeared.
Since Alice is undead and has relatively low phys armor You may want to have Your healer deal the damage, since my healer was able to nearly kill her in a single turn (when she decided to end her turn next to him).
I was able to close the quest by dropping one potion, and then using the dialog options to give one to mabel, then picking it up and giving it to geraldine

elnawawi

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,155.00
Wiki Edits: 114
Nice find! Edited the page to reflect this workaround.
If you turn yourself into a cow by drinking the potion you’re OP as heck. You can reverse the effects by dying and having a party member res you .

elnawawi

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,155.00
Wiki Edits: 114
Added!
This quest has other problems too as time of posting:
When I found the first potion I talked to the cows, but did not give them the potion (I was like I want to cure both of them). Later I got the other too, so went back. When I spoke with them again, they were still in the state there is only one potion, so they have to choose... but I only have option to give THEM the potion. This gave me only half the XP and did fail to close the quest. (The log also gets bugged, saying repeatedly that we only had potion for one cows.)

Solution:
There is a solution suggested to drop one potion while speaking, and then select to give them + drink it, this will close the quest for 75% of the XP.
A good solution is that you drop one potion before speaking, and transform one of them. Then pick up other potion and transform other, which closes the quest with full XP gain (which is 2x13450XP). (The log also properly states that both were saved, unlike in my original case.)