Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
How many times do you need to use source vamp to get the villain tag.
By Anonymous
I was surprised to get it what seemed like the first time I ate a ghost.. but could have been like the third time. I thought it was a bad ghost, too, but oh well.
By Anonymous
eating ghosts in general gets you the villain tag. Good people, bad people, as long as you eat their souls, you're making progress to becoming a villain.
By Anonymous
I got the Villain tag at the end of a combat for targeting my teammate to hit the enemy, need verification. I also got both the Hero and Villain tag trought my playtrough once, but I think this was in beta, I don't know if it's still working
By Sparxy
I got the hero tag in Fort Joy from killing Griff. Then later at the start of act 3 I got the Villain tag. Where you first find the Magisters and Black Ring fighting, next to the shrine of Rhalic. I killed everyone including the magisters, consumed the magister priest's soul (she was a spirit after I murdered her) and then I got the villain tag. Earlier I double-crossed Ryker, I feel like that also contributed. This is in my current (first ever) play through today.
By Anonymous
anyone still trying to do this: after trying to figure out the fastest way for about an hour here's what i got... -start as an elf, i used a custom one for this -leave the ship without rescuing the origin characters -lie to unnis that you're taking her stuff for atusa -side with griffs people and kill ifan and elodi -tell griff it was stingtail who stole the oranges
By Anonymous
I also did this and it works.
By Anonymous
I've been trying this way for a bit but the griff part isnt working out. I havent been able to "tell griff it was stingtail", and after confronting stingtail he keeps going to sleep and preventing anymore dialogue. What am i messing up here?
By Anonymous
Killing the mind controlled Black Ring soldiers in the Blackpits seems to turn the needle toward Villain because i got the tag there
By Anonymous
the 3 steps didnt work for me :/
By Anonymous
Taking my mask off as Fane on the ship triggers the windego fight early. This combined with the fact that I am killing all npc's and pets who have been looted and are no longer quest relevant must have nabbed me this relatively quickly - by the time I got to Verdas, i had it :P
By Anonymous
Suddenly got the Villain tag after killing a group of White Magisters, Weaponized Monks, a Silent Watcher and some brainwashed Black Ring members. What. Might be because I said I was their reinforcements and then attacked them while they were neutral..?
By Anonymous
I got it after useing the hero tag to stop ryker ritual and then consumed his sorce, i was so suprised by it that i imidetly quick loaded and redid the fight, not consumeing him this time, because i tought that i would lose my hero tag.
By Anonymous
Got my Villain tag after consuming the Sallow Man's source, like uuuuuummm he's gross? Only other thing I did out of that list is kill Ryker after completing his quest, and consuming Source from souls that were horrible people. Guess I'm evil now.
By Anonymous
Consuming source from souls is inherently evil, be it from good or bad people. You basically condemn them to eternal damnation, and not even the most evil being deserves this fate. The game tells you about that on several occasions.
By Anonymous
What about Windego though? She literally wants to be consumed, yet it gave me the villain tag which I do not want... Guess I will just let God King have her, duh
By Anonymous
Lmao I got the villain tag when facing Lohse's demon and used lightning storm and it broke all the chairs and gave me the tag... It is I destroyer of furniture FEAR ME