Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter World
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 339,864.49
Bank: 8,527.71
Wiki Edits: 27395
I can't decide what weapon to go for... Halp!
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,176.50
Wiki Edits: 277
Don't look at me, I have the same problem. Weapons I didn't care for before are now looking great while my usual suspects are looking better than ever, so, I dunno. I actually think I might try to do all of them.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Secret Worlder,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno

Synyster44

Souls: 26.00
Bank: 98.00
Style: Longsword
Results: Greatsword
Absolute badassery: Glaive
You're welcome ;) the three weapons I tested extensively in the beta. For some insight as to what the Greatsword is capable of, here is a link to my Expert Quest playthrough.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HsxV4-hY5gI
Whatever fits the situation best. Some monsters become cakewalks with the right equipment so don't limit yourself unless you're really good with one weapon in particular.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 339,864.49
Bank: 8,527.71
Wiki Edits: 27395
Well now that we have a full view of what's coming with the beta, I see some of the new weapons for the new monsters looking pretty awesome. I think I'm gonna Longsword - gotta get that Wyvern Blade!
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

MercwithMouth82

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,149.00
Wiki Edits: 137
I was torn between gunlance and lance but after learning that gunlance can now shoot stakes as well I am soooo sold.
Is it still considered friendly fire if I hate you?
Shop Icon

iota-09

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 90.00
longswords and glaives look the coolest, but i'm afraid they'll be twice as long as our charater...

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

They're about one and a half characters long. They both look believable though; the Glaive a little more, and the Longsword a little less so.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Secret Worlder,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno

Synyster44

The glaive is a LOT of fun! You can stay midair indefinitely provided you have a good source of monsters to bounce between. Its mobility is absolutely INSANE! Longsword was a lot of fun too but utterly useless against Anjanath, which is when I relied on my Souls experience and switched to the Greatsword.
Synyster44 don't blame the weapon for you sucking. I slaughtered the Anjanath with the LS.

afrosamurai3847

Souls: 50.00
Damn so many people having issues with Anjanath I've killed him solo with 4 different weapons now relatively easily the easiest was with the Hunting Horn (Which is not solely a support weapon.) It is more than capable in solo play, but yeah I've used Longsword, Heavy Bowgun, Greatsword, and the Hunting Horn and just gotta learn his tells. His 2 most dangerous attacks are the fire breath straight ahead that will oneshot lower rank hunters and his sliding tackle because if you get hit by one part you will get hit by the next 2-3 other hits. Other than that you just play under his legs until you stagger him for the Longsword and Greatsword. As for the Hunting Horn which is quickly becoming my favorite weapon just make sure your buffs are going and wack that head. You stagger and stun enemies so easily. Remember that all of you attacks combo into each other even playing your songs. For HBG pretty self explanatory stay away and again watch out for those 2 big attacks as well as his huge leap to you.
Very excited.

nanoha

Souls: 50.00
Love the design of Pulsar bow and long swords - Wyvern Blade... can't wait to use them :o
I personally would love, love some scythes, whips (especially), Boomerangs and general throwing weapons

Synyster44

You do not belong here, young Ashen One. Lol!
Ha ashen one nice
He belongs here. There are no whips, but there are throwing knives that can paralyze an enemy. They aren't all that effective, but they exist, and if you use them well I bet they can be. There is a boomerang, and if anything that can direct the monsters attention from someone else to you or something, and in every MH game I've played the Long Sword weapon path usually leads to a scythe somewhere along the lines. Experiment with different tactics, and tools and I'm sure you'll find a use for these weapons and items.
What are you a farmer?
switch axe just seems like a boneless charge blade

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Um, how so?

Sav_scottor

Souls: 55.00
Charge blade came after switch axe bud
OMG the Lances are so awesome!