Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

WTB master level skills for turning into a wolf (bonus melee dps) bear (bonus tanking) and cat (bonus to sneak).
What stat does Polymorphing use? The Metamorph class starts with strength but is that what all skills are going to scale with?
VIP

Castielle

Webmistress
Webmistress

Masochist

Souls: 14,110.00
Wiki Edits: 47175
Strength. Says in the description.
Check out our Sekiro Wiki and the awesome Bosses
Shop IconShop IconShop Icon
Polymorphing is only Strenght. But are we agree that upgrading polymorph more than 5 is useless ?
totally not! if you want to play an elemental mage like fire/Air just boost them to the lvl of your spells all other points in polymorph.

skill aero +1 you get 5% more dmg ONLY ON AIR SKILLS
skill pyro +1 you get 5% more dmg ONLY ON FIRE
skill poly +1 you get +1 attribute point > put the point in int you get +5% dmg on ALL MAGIK SKILLS
totally not! if you want to play an elemental mage like fire/Air just boost them to the lvl of your spells all other points in polymorph. skill aero +1 you get 5% more dmg ONLY ON AIR SKILLS skill pyro +1 you get 5% more dmg ONLY ON FIRE skill poly +1 you get +1 attribute point > put the point in int you get +5% dmg on ALL MAGIK SKILLS.

Ok ok but we dont know if Intelligence (1 point = +5% damage) is 5% more or just 5% base dmg.
If you are going to make a lone wolf character that only specializes in one skill this is the one to do it. Polymorph at high levels is absolutely busted. Not only do you get utility that no other branch does(For example, being able to spew oil, set it on fire, then walk around as a poison blob exploding everything and everyone in said oil you created before deciding "You know what, I'm going to teleport this fiery oil field across the screen at those guys") but you get a FREE attribute point for no good reason at all with each invested point. You get debuffs to completely neutralize enemies regardless of their physical/magic armor. You get crowd CC. Oh, and to top it off, you get to cast the majority of your powerful source skills FOR FREE once you have Apotheosis.

And let's not talk about Forced Exchange. "Damn, these mobs managed to get me to 1 HP. Guess I'll just set that enemy to 1 HP and full heal myself."

MightyMageKronk

Souls: 50.00
A lot of good skills to pick up if your warrior and looking to become the Swiss army knife of the battlefield and be able to aid anyone in your group, I've suggest taking a few points into Polymorphing to all my warrior friends. Wings give mobility, spider legs give CC and flay skin help set up your casters if you have any. If you decide against going full on warrior (KRONK SMASH) then strongly consider taking this up as a secondary skill line. The skin abilities get a lot of flak for being trash but I personally believe they can come in handy if you've got a AoE hungry Pyrokentic caster on your team and your in the middle of all the enemies and you just KNOW his next spell could hit you. Set it up and knock them down.