Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I found there is a nice glitch to kill him easily initiate combat on the closest monk to the main stairway have all your guys run to the stairwell leading back into the dungeons have one guy wait for knile to come near teleport him near the stairwell then enter the dungeons he will follow you and sit there he will not attack and he will be easy to kill
Thank you for this, it worked although a little differently. When we got into the dungeons he started walking back so we had to quickly go back and hit him many times.
how did you guys make this work? It pulls me out of combat and its all over when i zone in to the other dungeon
If you manage to kill Kniles before he gets a turn, the meat golems will be stuck in their cages until they can break the doors. Means you can deal with the parts of this fight separately. Probably not doable on higher difficulties.
You can also pickpocket the Face Ripper from Kniles without having to fight.
I found another way to kill Kniles; this was on the hardest difficulty. First, using the teleportation gloves, you can individually pick off two meat golems on the right side of the room and one of the monks. To do this make sure you are far enough away from everyone else, and then teleport the closest enemy to your group, far away from any support they might have. If you do it right it will be a 1 vs 4 fight which is quite easy. Note you can literally teleport the meat golems out of their cages.

Now I haven't figured out any angle to do the same on the left hand side of the room (where the sewer grate is). However, it looks like Kniles can only activate his backstabbing teleportation ability if there is an enemy in range. This means if you teleport him into one of the cages previously reserved for his golems, and you're far enough away, he can't escape. Then it becomes a fight against two monks and two meat golems, which is much easier.

Once they are dead, Kniles somehow appears where he was before you teleported him, and it becomes a 1 vs 4. He's still pretty dangerous but once you whether his first combo, its not too bad. I have no idea how people would otherwise manage to take him on with all his supporters. If it weren't for these gloves I don't know what I would do.
I added this to the page above, but another thing you can do is teleport a meat golem out of their cage before they break the door and then teleport Kniles into the cage, he will drop out of the fight rotation and you can finish off the rest of the room without worring about him, once you're done with the fight, you can just pick him off outside of combat with a weapon that fits through the cage (wand, bow etc), or open the cage and fight him head on if you feel like it.

Not sure if this is intended but I kited Kniles far towards the entrance (near the silent monks) and for some reason the meat golems and the Agitated monks started fighting each other, making this fight absolute faceroll.
I stole the key of the cage from him before fitting him, then u have time to kill him before the golems break the doors
I just sneaked the whole party closest as i can. clustered as possible. then Kniles will teleport to you before the fight... just beat the crap out of kniles, cc (stun, polymorph, etc) him before his turn, and kill him within 2 turns. then, its just picking up the silent monks one by one, and by the time you kill them all, meat golems will break the cage. beat the crap out of them in order. easy fight.
i think he has a fetish for lizards...