Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki
By Anonymous
Unbelievably valuable piece of equipment when acquire before attempting Tombs. Unlike the skull lantern, the sunlight maggot allows a player to explore Tombs with a constant light regardless of action while playing having both hands free to equip a shield and weapon.. now how cool is that?
By Anonymous
but it took away Solaire, not cool at all, is it?
By Anonymous
You can kill this thing before solaire finds it, saving him and giving you a nice light source
By Anonymous
or you could kill the hydra, meet Dusk, do that weird quit/load thing to get her as a merchant and get a light spell

it lasts long enough that you can swap the wand back to a more preferable backup weapon and is just as bright as the maggot
By Anonymous
I’ve won... But at what cost?
By Anonymous
If you get the sunlight maggot it gives light and getting it saves solaire!
By Anonymous
Not really cool. average i'd say
By Anonymous
rip solaire :(
By Anonymous
After killing solaire I took this thing dropped it, and started swinging my sword at it hoping solaire would come back ;-;
By Anonymous
Sadness
By Anonymous
F
By Anonymous
I'm pretty sure that there is a way to save Solaria, i don't know were i heard it so it might not be true.
By Anonymous
Solaire not Solaria
By Anonymous
You simply have to kill it before he gets to where it was in any way. Whatever you do, don't talk to him at the bonfire after the centipede demon fight if you haven't killed it. That guarentees failure!
By Anonymous
Solaire can be saved as you need to kill all of these things and the infestations. By doing so Solaire will introduce you a dialogue of disappointment in his speech and gets depressed. But you'll save him nevertheless. By doing so you have a brother in arm in summoning him for the final boss fight of the game.
Failing to get rid of the infestation for a first run through will result in him getting the helm and going insane and hollowed turning hostile towards you. Not sure if he drops it if you killed him but you will lose him as a buddy to fight with in the endgame.
By Anonymous
you dont need to kill all of them, just the one that drops the helm and doesnt respawn.
By Anonymous
he drops the helm is hollow
By Anonymous
No need to waste 30 humanities. Simply use Poison Mist or White Dragon breath on a middle part of the gate and kill the maggot. If you did it right you'll see maggot's life ticking away. Then kill Firesage demon travel through lost Izalith kill or run past titanite demon on the bridge and pick up your ugly headdress. Anyone who kills Solaire doesn't deserve to live and won't get his help fighting big fire bug . Not like anyone actually need his help but I love to summon him for jolly coop.
By Anonymous
I am playing remastered and I CAN NOT pull that lever, it sets in the back position
By Anonymous
Before what boss do I need to do this? I had Solaire sad after the centipede boss. I actually did it b4 I crossed the bridge in remastered from the other side but I already progressed to the boss door, I killed the 5 bugs i think on the side of the door and killed the one bug through the door with poison mist. Once I reached the other side the Sunlight Maggot was on the ground but Solaire was hostile next to it wearing that mask. I just watched a very very old vid form DS1 where someone said there is a bug that it only works like 99% of the time. Not sure if I did something wrong about killing all bugs but I cant kill them all b4 I reach the other side. The key bug was for sure killed with poison mist but Solaire was still hostile so I had to kill him. I even tried to quit the game and reload but no luck. Man I hate DS for this stupid annoying quests.
By Anonymous
Dude, Solaire is just a fictional game character.. let people who play this game do whatever they want to.. who are you to stop people..
By Anonymous
Of course for my case, I wouldn't kill Solaire as I need his aid.. but choices in games are subjective. you don't have to punish people into saying: Don't deserve to live if Solaire gets killed..
By Anonymous
i kill him every time
By Anonymous
Failed to kill the maggot in time, went up against Solaire and had to kill him. But didn't get the maggot. Went back to the room the maggots appeared first in and it was back there. With red eyes and all. Just a tips if you somehow didn't get it.
By Anonymous
Can be used to open illusory walls drom dlc.