For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

Petehog

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,510.00
Hi. I haven't yet cracked open a copy of Dark Souls 3. I'm just afraid it's going to consume my life lol. I've already put in 1800 hours in Dark Souls 2 and it was a tough habit to crack.

although I find myself reading Dark Souls 3 reviews everyday.

Out of curiosity, how is Dark Soul 3 PVP compared to Dark Souls 2 PVP? Is soul memory gone now? Is Soul Level matching PVP back? Are backstabs harder to pull off now. Do they have something like the Jester's outfit in Dark Souls 3? I guess I'm just curious.

soapyismagic

Souls: 55.00
No soul memory, as far as i can tell.

Sneezer

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,046.00
Wiki Edits: 4
Some people who loved Dark Souls 2 hate Dark Souls 3 PvP, and are incredibly... vocal... about it. So you'll likely get a lot of responses like that in this thread from such people.

I personally very much like Dark Souls 3 PvP. There's no soul memory, no Jester's gear or turtle knight equivalent. no RNG crits ala the engraved gauntlets.

Dark Souls 3 PvP is most similar to Dark Souls 1 PvP with how it feels.

Allerius

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 627.00
no sm but matchmaking on sl + weappon upgrade non regarding ng cycles, it feels much faster than ds 2 pvp and feels really smoth there aisn't that much "op" stuff, altough many People complain about 2 speciffic weappons (they aren't to hard to counter so for a good Player they aren't that big of a deal) all schools of magic are weaker in pvp now and there isn't a unique hex tree anymore but dark pyromancy/sorcery/miracles...
You're gonna enjoy it that's for sure and last but not least there is a Red Eye Orb with infnite usess obtainable in the first hours of the game but no Blue Orbs anymore.

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 12,265.00
Bank: 13,363.00
Wiki Edits: 82
If you absolutely love the slow pace of DkS2 PvP you'll most likely hate DkS3 PvP. But take into consideration that DkS3 is just the same as or close to DeS/DkS1/BB PvP. Washing Poles, Spears and Estocs are the meta. Estoc + Greatshield is supposedly OP, requiring you to kick (yes kick!) meanwhile you're getting poked to hell by the original formula of excellent weapon tracking, low stamina comsuption and 4-directional rolls. And nah the reactive play isn't very good this time around either, meaning **** the katanas with ×1.40 counter damage (oh yes I am glad).
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 22,906.50
Wiki Edits: 18
It's better.

The guard break is the kick again, but it has the functionality of the guard break as well (so it's way better.)
Hyper armor actually works because it isn't tied to poise.
Backstabs actually work but aren't dks1 levels of powerful.
Agility isn't a thing.
Magic is still bad for PvP
Dual weilding has been expanded further.
Weapon skills are effectively an extra move for every weapon, which is awesome.
Parries don't give you 20 minutes to switch weapons and rings before riposting so it's not a death sentence 100% of the time.

Probably more I'm forgetting.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

DadimPregnant

Souls: 135.00
Wont tell you my opinion on either one except to say that SOTFS on PS4 is now back to a pretty stable population after ds3's release.

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

DadimPregnant wrote:Wont tell you my opinion on either one except to say that SOTFS on PS4 is now back to a pretty stable population after ds3's release.

That says nothing. games (DKS1 included) have stable populations long after sequel releases.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

FiveScissors475

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 1,211.70
Bank: 16,734.00
Wiki Edits: 221
Forum_Pirate wrote:It's better.

The guard break is the kick again, but it has the functionality of the guard break as well (so it's way better.)
Hyper armor actually works because it isn't tied to poise.
Backstabs actually work but aren't dks1 levels of powerful.
Agility isn't a thing.
Magic is still bad for PvP
Dual weilding has been expanded further.
Weapon skills are effectively an extra move for every weapon, which is awesome.
Parries don't give you 20 minutes to switch weapons and rings before riposting so it's not a death sentence 100% of the time.

Probably more I'm forgetting.

-Armor does nothing.
-Agility should be a thing, since Rolls are currently more forgiving than fricking Jesus.
-Magic should not be bad for PvP.
-Dual Wielding is currently horrible because Defense.
Weapon Skill are pretty good,
-Ring-swap parries were a thing of beauty and you should not be criticizing them. Besides, way too many people one-shot with Hornet Ring anyways right now, and that at least required Skill.
Sad doggo

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Agility should not be a thing, proper weight breakpoints should be.

Magic (except buffs) has been bad for PvP for the whole series, excluding specific spells.

No. Screw that. The entire point of picking rings is to pick rings and pick what you're good at. I could ringswap riposte in dks1, but it shouldn't be possible to circumvent it for the .5 seconds it takes to get the benefit of the high damage just long enough to gain a massive advantage and switch back to your regular build in essentially a 0 risk situation.
- George W. Bush