Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki
By Anonymous
Why won't the shortcut open?
By Anonymous
Cause u suck
By Anonymous
Pretty sure it doesn't open til you get lordvessel
By Anonymous
Are you trying to open the door beside the white spider? because that is not the shortcut… u have to play through the area first (after draining the lava) and turn to the right before the boss room where you can run down the tree roots…
By Anonymous
If the guy below said its possible, does that mean that he made all those comments by himself
Did I made these comments all by myself?
By Anonymous
It is very much possible that every single Anonymous message here is the same guy
By Anonymous
The one guy disliked this post
By Anonymous
Ive heard that it is possible to rank up to +2 by only offering 15 humanity. I think it as something to do with faith or maybe the sunlight altar. Id really like to know more about this
By Anonymous
Nope. Nothing like that exists for the Chaos Servants.
By Anonymous
Do you have to still be in the covenant to use the shortcut or can you give the 30 humanities, and switch to another covenant?
By Anonymous
It stays open once you reach rank 2. Your progress towards rank 2 will reset if you switch covenants beforehand.

Best place to farm humanity this early is from the rats near the bonfire in the Depths. Good luck!
By Anonymous
how can i say no to her ill join your covenant
By Anonymous
Hey, so I might’ve killed the guy that sold you stuff and joined the covenant, does that mean there’s no way for me to get any of the stuff he sells anymore? (I’m guessing there’s no way, but I thought I might as well ask anyways, because I keep hitting npc’s that look like enemies and Thai is the third one already and just, why do they make them look like an enemy in the first place?!?)
By Anonymous
Killing NPC’s tends to lock you out of buying from them, yes.
By Anonymous
I think from the boss runs to Quelaag, players are expected to notice that the egg-burdened are docile.
Reality: they DIDN'T make him look like an enemy - you are just a heartless murderer.
By Anonymous
You can find poison mist in the Blight town swamp. Toxic mist on the other hand is lost forever in that playtgrough
By Anonymous
I gave you my 30 humanities where's my shortcut? I got chaos storm, but the door is still closed. I did this all at once no other covenants.
By Anonymous
it's not a door, it's the round stone disk that's near the entrance to Demon Ruins, it's an elevator that will take you down
By Anonymous
the elevetor isn't working for me, even after reaching rank 2. i recently start to play again, I notice that i already had the chaos storm so that mean i was rank2 but i quit the covenant. the shortcut was not working, so i decide to get back in the covenant. still, it was not working, so i decid to give her again the 30 humanitys and the shortcut is still not working. do i have to go to lost isalith for it to work ?
By Anonymous
nah, man, the shortcut is before the fight with the fire demon (fire version of the tutorial boss, you have to turn right before you go to boss, there're maggots in the end with the door that'll open if you have 2 rank in covenant, just did it myself (btw, after the boss fight you'll be able to open the elevator if you go up after killing the boss)
By Anonymous
You need to have placed the Lordvessel, thus dispelling the gold fog, to turn the shortcut elevator on. Unlike New Londo, you can't open the shortcut without the Lordvessel.
By Anonymous
Do you lose the Great Chaos Fireball if you join another covenant?
By Anonymous
NO
By Anonymous
For anyone reading, be sure to travel down to the Izalith shortcut and open it *BEFORE* you leave the covenant and/or kill the Daughter of Chaos for her firekeeper soul.
I killed her immediately after spending 30 humanity to open the shortcut, only to later find it closed.
By Anonymous
how foolish of you