Discuss Nier as well as the comments posted to our Nier Replicant Wiki and Nier Automata Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Do both Emil's Memories and The Wandering Couple BEFORE talking to Anemonie to trigger the main story line quest to go to Flooded City. Triggering the main quest will make both of the former quest unable to be finished.

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,176.50
Wiki Edits: 302
I can confirm that this will break the Wandering Couple quest.
You can still do the Emil's Memories one. Just avoid killing the machines near the missiles. Alternatively, you could try glitching the game by activating a lunar tear, dying while Emil's talking, and activating that same lunar tear again so it counts twice. However, I dunno if that got patched yet as I did that months ago.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
i wish i can read your comment earlier,,, now i messed up both emil and the couple's quest
one question please, at the moment i am on route B, if I can take the couple and emil quest again,
will i get the same conversation as the route A?
since i dont want to miss any moment on my playthrough...

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Yes, both of those quests are available in both routes and neither of them change for any reason.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
thanks for your reply, now i can play the game without restart all over again...:D
I was able to complete Emil's memories AFTER I talk to anemonie how ever the wandering couple quest was locked as soon as I enter the flooded city.
would I be able to completed on the second playthrough?

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Yes, most quests in route A are available in route B.
this quest tilts me
It ends before I finish it every time
Just don't trigger main story events while doing this particular quest ;)
enterence to the damned city is almost impossible to see without anemone's quest at first time unless you came across it by luck QQ failed the guest and it bothers me no save other than main one QQ
This is so stupid gamedesign. I cant complete quest because i'm on main quest line ~_~

Darktangent

Souls: 50.00
How the hell are you supposed to even know to go to the flooded city before the main quest has you go there, let alone get there? Is it not blocked off before the main quest like every other area?

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Nope, it's open as soon as you do the Goliath fight and the crater forms. As for how, your just supposed to stumble onto it, or wait til 9S's playthough.
Btw, the place where the couple in pascal village replaced by robot, and they actually giving you a hint where they might be
Quest in completly broken for me. it wont show, even when i go back in chapters. I was at the point where you had to return after giving them 50 000 G. I wouldnt mind if this was just some quest, but i need the podprogram for the achievement...
Did you teleport to somewhere (not city) and then go back to the flooded city? That worked for me.
If the quest doesn't update after you've given them 50,000G and you have quick-traveled or left the area, I suggest quick-traveling to the desert (Desert Oil Field to be exact). That fixed it for me and updated the quest.
Thanks that helped
Thanks!! Helped me out. This is why the internet is so great. Amongst other reasons. Lol
Well, I found her in the amusement park by using pod scanner.. what a pain
She literally just sits there. Seems like you're blind