Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 374,319.49
Bank: 8,873.71
Wiki Edits: 31292
Hi everyone!

I've been thinking that it would be cool to begin featuring community builds on the Fextralife blog.

Wanted:

1. Authors:Depending on interest, we may get one person that "rounds up" submitted builds, or several individual posters featuring their build.
ALL community members can post on the blog - read here.

2. Builds! If you don't want to write but you want to submit your OP build, detail it as a reply on this thread in all it's glory:
  • Build Name: Your name here
  • Build Level: Level here
  • Build Focus: PvE or PvP or Both
  • Build Main Stat: Main Stat Here
  • Full Stats: Detailed stat investment
    Link to Dark Souls 3 Calculator if any

Build Equipment
  • Right Hand: Your weapon here
  • Left Hand: Your weapon here
  • Armor: Armor Set / Combination
  • Rings: Your rings here

Build Strategy
How to achieve maximum efficiency, detail both the strength and weaknesses
You can include video footage of your build in action

Fashion souls builds have a dedicated wiki page, so submit them here instead.
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
I could give it a shot, sure. If no one else wants to. Or another possibility, have you considered a build doctor blog? We do get a few threads every now and then asking for help fixing builds.

Here are a few of the builds I've been using:

The Great Swamp Standard
Pyromancer SL125
Both PvE and PvP
Dual Intelligence and Faith focus
40 Vitality
30 Attunement
20 Endurance
8 Vitality
12 Strength
17 Dexterity
40 Intelligence
40 Faith
7 Luck
Demon's Scar, Witch's Locks, Onyx Blade (two handed) or any chaos/dark-infused weapon you have the str+dex for
Kite Shield, Parting Pyromancer's Flame, Crystal Chime, Izalith Staff, and/or Sunless Talisman
No specific armor set
Sage Ring +2, Old Witch's Ring, Great Swamp Ring, Ring of Favor +3
Spells attuned: Black Flame, Black Serpent, Chaos Bed Vestiges, personal choice for last slot

Strategy: This is the pvp standard for casters, and also makes short and easy work of pve by having access to both fire and dark damage. For spells, Black Flame can help force some distance between yourself and an opponent, Black Serpent will occupy an opponent's attention and let you sneak a hit or spell in, Vestiges is the fast nuke, and the last one is up to you. For weapons, the Onyx Blade can deal with pretty much everything and the Demon's Scar is a rare source of purely elemental damage, and the Chaos and Dark infusions will let you use plenty of other options effectively. This build is at its best when it combines spells with aggressive melee approaches and forcing an opponent back further with Black Flame, then catching them with Chaos Bed Vestiges if you can land a hit with Black Serpent. Basically, don't let your spells do all the work and you should be fine, chase them down while Black Serpent is already chasing them for example.

---

Hopes and Prayers
Cleric SL103
PvE build
Luck focus
40 Vitality
18 Attunement
40 Endurance
7 Vitality
12 Strength
10 Dexterity
7 Intelligence
18 Faith
40 Luck
Anri's Straight Sword
Ethereal Oak Shield, Sacred Chime of Filianore
Herald set or Alva set
Sun Princess Ring, Lloyd's Sword Ring, Lloyd's Shield Ring, Ring of Favor+3
Spells attuned: Blessed Weapon, Tears of Denial

Strategy: For when dying is just too much of a bother. This build stacks oodles and oodles of HP regen, combined with perfectly functional equipment and buff spells to result in a character that has no real weaknesses and a whole lot of survivability. It's easy to use too, if you know how to use a sword and shield you already know how to use this. Just keep your buffs active and you're good to go. If you want to play at higher levels, raise Faith to 40 for an instant SL125 build and swap out Blessed Weapon for Lightning Blade or Darkmoon Blade.

Rangrok

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,968.00
Might as well join in with the build I run the most.

EDIT (as per this post's request)**
Intro:
Keeping things simple, this is the standard dex build. It's very tempting and easy to try working crazy/gimmicky magic and weapons into your build, so this is meant as a counter-balance to that. Whether you are just starting Dark Souls or are an experienced vet, this build will work effectively in all situations.

Name: The Duelist
Level: 80
Focus: Both PvP and PvE
Main Stat: Vig/End/Dex
Stats:
Starting Class: Knight
Vig: 34 (+5 from Prisoner's Chain -- 39 total)
Att: 10
End: 34 (+5 from Prisoner's Chain -- 39 total)
Vit: 15 (+5 from Prisoner's Chain -- 20 total)
Str: 16
Dex: 35 (+5 from Hunter's Ring -- 40 total)
Int: 9
Fth: 9
Luck: 7
Rings: Prisoner's Chain, Chloranthy Ring (+3), Ring of Favor (+3), Hunter's Ring (or Hornet Ring, but I find the ring kinda cheap and avoid using it in duels)
Main Hand: Sharp Crow Quills, Sharp Astora's Greatsword
- - - Optional: Frayed Blade, Chaos Blade, Sharp Lothric Knight Long Spear, Sharp Lothric Knight Sword, Sharp Sellsword Twinblades, Hollowslayer Greatsword, Sharp Falchion, Sharp Scimitar (Just about any dex weapon will work, depends heavily on preference. These are simply my favorites)
Off hand: Blessed Buckler
- - - Optional: Caestus (I prefer buckler for style), Sacred Bloom Shield (Really light shield with high magic resist and spell parry), Llewellyn Shield (A small shield that can take a hit), Black Bow of Pharis (Utility and ranged attack)
Armor: Pharis Hat, Leonhard's Garb, Black Iron Leggings, Black Iron Gauntlets
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/204614

Build Strategy: Standard dex build for a NG cycle. It's a good build to learn parries with, as the Crow Quills have an above-average crit modifier. However, as stated above, this build can run just about any dex weapon. With the Prisoner's Chain and the Knight's great starting Vit, you have plenty of wiggle room to wield whatever weapons you want. The 16 strength is just so you can one-hand Astora's Greatsword, which is the lightest Ultra Greatsword (and works great with a Sharp infusion). Optionally, you can drop it down to 14 str (bump up Vig/End to an even 35), while still keeping the Hollowslayer Greatsword and Lothric Knight Long Spear open to you. Regardless what you pick, you should definitely have two different weapons: one short-range (ex: straight sword, katana, rapier), and one with good reach (ex: Ultra-greatsword, Greatsword, Spear).

Special Mention: Sharp Sellsword Twinblades on this build will completely decimate bosses in a flash. So quickly that I often don't bother with them because they kill the fun too quickly.

EDIT (as per this post's request)**
Conclusion: Simplicity is the key to this build. It's meant to directly connect the player, to a weapon, to the enemy's soft/squishy area. No fancy magic, no odd tricks, no funny exploits. Just a weak, mundane ashen one relying on speed and finesse to defeat fallen heroes, ancient royals, old warriors, traitors, and usurpers.
Last edited by Rangrok on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,768.01
my favorite build. it's not the most strong, but real viable though and more important, it unique. never seen another guy do this. the build used to be a vig luck guy with the rest at base and minimum requirements for the poison and bleed infused bandit knife, but at some point i decided to mix things up for fun with frost build up and the opportunity to add avelynn with splintering bolts, and it worked quite well, so i decided to stick with the new toon.

•Build Name: Dagger Guy

•Build Level: 59 +8

•Build Focus: PvP, but it a PvE beast too, playtrough was real easy including both DLC's

•Build Main Stat: Luck, Vig, a bit Int and Att

•Full Stats:
33 vig (with prisoner's chain)
14 att
17 end (with prisoner's chain)
14 vit (with prisoner's chain)
16 str
14 dex
18 int
8 faith
30 luck

Build Equipment:

•Right Hand: poison infused bandit knife, bleed infused bandit knife
•Left Hand: witchtree branch, simple caestus. but when i'm in the mood for it, i add avelynn with splintering bolts.
•Armor: something ultralight to stay way under 30% weight, in my case black witch veil, desert pyro garb, violet wrappings and lioncloth. im 99 hollowed and skin is as white as possible.
•Rings:
flynns, fap+3, prisoners chain, chloranty +3. the last ring u don't really need as daggerstyle dont take muck stamina, but u can be a little bit more aggressive then. feel free to swap to another ring of choice if u want.
spells:
snap freeze and hidden body. u can also add a third hollow infused bandit knife and swap hidden body to frozen weapon. but hidden body is real fun on a aggressive quickstep dagger guy, so i go for that one.

Build Strategy:
its the all status build up build. inflict frost, poison and bleed at the same time.

build playstyle:
very aggressive. inflict as fast as possible so your opponent have 3 status build up at the same time. good chance they will panic at some point.

first i freeze them with snap freeze, it quite easy to do with the fast casting withtree branch. i also cast hidden body in the frost cloud.
then i two hand my poison bandit knife and go max aggro style on opponent to poison them. now the opponent is frozen, poisoned and the poison bandit also do some bleed, so their bleed bar is also almost full.
then it a piece of cake to finish off with bleed bandit knife. the simple caestus gives u almost infinite quickstep use as it fills up FP slowly.
ah, i have 16 str and 14 dex, so i can add avelynn as support to shoot splintering bolts if im in the mood for it.

if they dont have moss to heal poison i stop attacking when they almost dead and let the poison kill them, just for the fun of it.

the strength of the build is in your own hands. if u can master timing of quickstep, u kinda invincible 1vs1 because u can quickstep trough ANY attack of your opponent. against the slower weapons u can quickstep on sight, against fast wepons u need to predict attacks with your quickstep. don't spam r1 too much on parry fishers be sure to mix your r1 with quickstep.

so, if you master quickstep timing you are ok. but sometimes the lag is against u and then need some luck and adjust timing a bit to still have a chance. also notice that curved and great curved swords have a smaller window for your quickstep, so be carefull on those. also mentionable is that this build isn't the best gank spank build, but if u master the build it doable though.

also a nice thing is that opponents read my build wrong at start of fight. they assume im a mage when i cast snap freeze and hidden body, and they come fastly into melee distance where i can slaughter them.

what i'm doing with the build?
- mainly hang out in the forest in ng+ waiting on red/purple invaders and watchdogs. there are alot sl45-50 +6 guys invading there.
- invading in the midgame areas. then i swap the cloranthy ring +3 which i do'nt need that hard for untrue dark ring for fashion.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

Grehym_Blak

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,453.00
Wiki Edits: 1
This is SAWEET! I was just about to post a new thread asking if anyone has attempted a legit Blood Mage now that Luck/Bleed has been buffed.

Name: Cadsuane Melaidra
Level: 125 Hollow Blood Mage
Main Stat: Lck/Int
Starting Class: Sorceror (I initially thought Thief, but Sorcerer is actually 3 point more efficient)
Vig: 33 (+5 from Prisoner's Chain -- 38 total)
Att: 30
End: 20 (+5 from Prisoner's Chain -- 25 total)
Vit: 7 (+5 from Prisoner's Chain -- 12 total)
Str: 18
Dex: 22
Int: 32
Fth: 7
Luck: 45
Hollow: 99

Rings: Prisoner's Chain | Young Dragon ring | Bellowing Dragon Ring | Sage Ring +1
Main Hand: Carthus CGS (103 Bleed) | Hollow Carthus CS (Boosts Luck to 50) | Scholar Candlestick
Off hand: Mangrub Staff | Sacred Bloom Shield
Armor: Crown of Dusk | Maiden Robe | Desert Pyro Skirt | Sorcerer Gloves
Spells: Soul Spear | Homing CS | Soul GS | Farron FS | Great Farron Dart

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/204780

So I just respec'd my sorcerer last night and haven't given her a test run yet. The stat investment sacrifices the CSS nuke and the Mangrub staff has a lower spell buff than Court Sorcerer staff, but I feel like the utility of the spells combined with the lethal threat of bleed will make for a fun ride. I haven't tested, but I assume the Scholar Candlestick will buff the mangrub staff more than the +5 Lck that a hollow weapon offers, but I feel like I should lose the stick. Just doesn't feel right...kinda like full Havels holding a staff of any kind. Well, maybe not quite as bad, but similar feel. I mean candles and deacons are all over the Cathedral of Deep, so a Hollow Blood Mage Finger of Rosaria would probably have access to such a thing...even though it comes from the Grand Archive Scholars. I digress, the biggest worry I have is 25 endurance. Carthus CGS will eat green like Cheech and spells aren't much better. Learning to manage my stamina will be a challenge, especially in PvP. My initial thoughts on strats is to annoy from afar w/ spells from the mangrub and hollow weapon in RH, once they come to squash annoying sorcerer switch to Carthus CGS and get them bled or seriously close to bleed causing them to retreat then return to spell casting. That's the idea at least...guess I'll report back with my xp. Would love to hear from anybody else who may have tried this already.
Last edited by Grehym_Blak on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death is light as a feather, duty heavier than a mountain." RIP R.J.

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
Grehym_Blak wrote:This is SAWEET! I was just about to post a new thread asking if anyone has attempted a legit Blood Mage now that Luck/Bleed has been buffed.

Name: Cadsuane Melaidra
Level: 125 Hollow Blood Mage
Main Stat: Lck/Int
Starting Class: Sorceror (I initially thought Thief, but Sorcerer is actually 3 point more efficient)
Vig: 33 (+5 from Prisoner's Chain -- 38 total)
Att: 30
End: 20 (+5 from Prisoner's Chain -- 25 total)
Vit: 7 (+5 from Prisoner's Chain -- 12 total)
Str: 18
Dex: 22
Int: 32
Fth: 7
Luck: 45
Hollow: 99

Rings: Prisoner's Chain | Young Dragon ring | Bellowing Dragon Ring | Sage Ring +1
Main Hand: Carthus CGS (99 Bleed) | Hollow Carthus CS (Boosts Luck to 50) | Scholar Candlestick
Off hand: Mangrub Staff | Sacred Bloom Shield
Armor: Crown of Dusk | Maiden Robe | Desert Pyro Skirt | Sorcerer Gloves
Spells: Soul Spear | Homing CS | Soul GS | Farron FS | Great Farron Dart

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/204780

So I just respec'd my sorcerer last night and haven't given her a test run yet. The stat investment sacrifices the CSS nuke and the Mangrub staff has a lower spell buff than Court Sorcerer staff, but I feel like the utility of the spells combined with the lethal threat of bleed will make for a fun ride. I haven't tested, but I assume the Scholar Candlestick will buff the mangrub staff more than the +5 Lck that a hollow weapon offers, but I feel like I should lose the stick. Just doesn't feel right...kinda like full Havels holding a staff of any kind. Well, maybe not quite as bad, but similar feel. I mean candles and deacons are all over the Cathedral of Deep, so a Hollow Blood Mage Finger of Rosaria would probably have access to such a thing...even though it comes from the Grand Archive Scholars. I digress, the biggest worry I have is 25 endurance. Carthus CGS will eat green like Cheech and spells aren't much better. Learning to manage my stamina will be a challenge, especially in PvP. My initial thoughts on strats is to annoy from afar w/ spells from the mangrub and hollow weapon in RH, once they come to squash annoying sorcerer switch to Carthus CGS and get them bled or seriously close to bleed causing them to retreat then return to spell casting. That's the idea at least...guess I'll report back with my xp. Would love to hear from anybody else who may have tried this already.

From my experience, the Man-Grub Staff isn't suited for a spell-centric build. It's better for an Anri's build that wants access to a few basic sorceries, like Snap Freeze or Strong Magic Shield. It's just kind of weak and a stat hog on top of it, is all. Its only good point is that it's stronger than other staves on an int/lck hybrid, but the better question is what reason there is to make an int/lck hybrid.

The problem is, you can't use it with anything else. Hollow weapons don't scale all that well off pure Luck, and if you aren't paring it with Str or Dex they're about as weak as the Blessed infusion was before they buffed it slightly (but not enough). Int-scaling weapons are only an option if you're willing to go up to 40 Intelligence, but at that point you start to wonder why you have the Luck at all when you could just get better spells and stronger weapons off Int alone. The only thing pure Luck has is Anri's Straight Sword, and even then the Man-Grub Staff can't buff it because its Luck scaling doesn't apply to weapon buffs like Crystal Magic Weapon.

You can still make the build, and it's about as effective as a hybrid-like caster with a pure physical weapon could be, it just has a serious lack of options and the two stats don't synergize well. Didn't stop me from doing it anyways I guess, but when I did it I had 40int/40lck because the MGS is still stronger at that point and the idea of a Crystal Sage Rapier with boosted item find was funny to me. And then I had a Mendicant Staff, Shield of Want, Serpent Rings, and Symbol of Avarice just to carry the theme all the way. Was fun, but definitely the weakest thing I've ever made. And that includes intentionally weak builds like the whipper wonder.

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,768.01
@ grayhym_black:
This is SAWEET! I was just about to post a new thread asking if anyone has attempted a legit Blood Mage now that Luck/Bleed has been buffed.

i don't concider myself as a luck mage, it just dagger guy with snap freeze that don't scale on anything and ofcourse hidden body, so they can't really see good when i attack or do quickstep.
but i did try some of the lower stat magic spells, and must say it didnt work out well. with 18 int cast with witchtree branch the damage is patheticly low. mangrub staff does a bit more damage but still way to low at 30 luck, and you don't have the fast casting speed so u need a ring slot for the sage +2 then. but as i said, it isnt worth it.
snap freeze and hidden body are way better for the build.

as for your build, i doubt if it works. bleed build needs something that hits fast and alot (and a curved gs cant do that really) and is best on low level because at meta everyone has a stack of 99 blood red moss clump. also i think u will be dissapointed in the damage u do with a man grub staff at 45 luck, and i doubt if your hollow of hand +5 luck will higher spel ar of the man grub. i know that a hollow caestus offhand dont increase bleed/poison buid up for my bleed and poison bandit while it would be logic that would be the case. so i guess the +5 luck doesnt do anything on the man grub staff.

the strength of my build is the 3 status build up at the same time, i get alot guys that panic and try to access there inventory looking for something to eat but u cant cure frost, bleed and poison at same time unless you willing to spend a divine blessing, but then i freeze, poison and bleed u again lol.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

Grehym_Blak

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,453.00
Wiki Edits: 1
@TSMP Totally agree about Sorcery. I'm definitely sacrificing spell strength and melee weapon base damage, but bleed is really nasty at 40+ luck now and allows you to sacrifice base damage for spells. Have you revisited the luck mage since bleed was buffed? Now that you can pair a respectable spell arsenal with legit bleed weapon, the build may be more viable.

@Achtpuntzes 45 lck equals 99 bleed on Carthus GCS, I know for fact it bleeds quickly even at SL125 range. Light armor foes get it in 2-3 hits, a lot of times 2. Heavy armor around 4. I know you like lower metas, and at low SL this doesn't work at all.

I know it's not a maximized build, hybrids rarely are, but I think it will be fun. I've pretty much exhausted all other prototypes.
"Death is light as a feather, duty heavier than a mountain." RIP R.J.

IgnusKnavery

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,552.00
TSMP wrote:Hopes and Prayers
Cleric SL103
PvE build
Luck focus
40 Vitality
18 Attunement
40 Endurance
7 Vitality
12 Strength
10 Dexterity
7 Intelligence
18 Faith
40 Luck
Anri's Straight Sword
Ethereal Oak Shield, Sacred Chime of Filianore
Herald set or Alva set
Sun Princess Ring, Lloyd's Sword Ring, Lloyd's Shield Ring, Ring of Favor+3
Spells attuned: Blessed Weapon, Tears of Denial

Strategy: For when dying is just too much of a bother. This build stacks oodles and oodles of HP regen, combined with perfectly functional equipment and buff spells to result in a character that has no real weaknesses and a whole lot of survivability. It's easy to use too, if you know how to use a sword and shield you already know how to use this. Just keep your buffs active and you're good to go. If you want to play at higher levels, raise Faith to 40 for an instant SL125 build and swap out Blessed Weapon for Lightning Blade or Darkmoon Blade.

This looks like fun. Got it in Mugenmonkey. Going to keep this for myself. :)

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/204855
“I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.”
― Hunter S. Thompson

MrMoho

Casual
Convict

Souls: 436.00
Oh boy, I got, like, 10 builds and more I could put here, buuut let's stick to my favorite that worked out wonderfully for me in PvE since DS1... And even a bit in PvP!

It is none other than my favorite Dark Souls character ever...

Name: Paladin Leeroy

Level: Cleric SL100

Focus: PvE, but works for PvP

Focus: Strength and Faith focus

Stats:
28 Vigor
18 Attunement
22 Endurance
13 Vitality
50 Strength
8 Dexterity
7 Intelligence
30 Faith
13 Luck

Rings: Havel's Ring, Prisoner's Chain, Ring of Favor, Life Ring.
Main Hand: Morne's Great Hammer, Talisman
Off Hand: Etheral Oak Shield
Armor: Outrider Knight Helmet, Pontiff Knight Armor, Undead Legion Gloves, Iron Leggings
Spells Attuned: Tears of Denial and a Spell of your choosing (supportive one is suggested).

Build Strategy: This might be my worst looking Paladin Leeroy cosplay from each Dark Souls, but it still works wonders in practice. Tears of Denial is that spell that just won't let you die, and it works perfectly together with Great Weapons overall. Morne's Great Hammer has the highest stat requirements in the game (I really wish it only would need 40 strength), but has it also arguably the best Weapon art of any Great Hammer. Said Weapon Art also works fine with Tears of Denial! Strap yourself in and trade, trade, trade! This build due to the Weapon used plus Tears of Denial makes the PvE a breeze, since almost everything gets stunned in a few hits while having a nice option of carrying around a spell to heal oneself. But do be careful: You might have an amazing Weapon Art, but you had to trade in a lot of stats, ergo health. Best to keep a regeneration spell attuned in that last spot! If you decide to go a higher level, skill some much needed Vigor and Endurance.