Discuss the game as well as comments posted to our The Surge Wiki and The Surge 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

how do i put it on a wepon
you don´t put them you upgrade the armor/weapon after you reach mk IV
You use it to upgrade your weapons
after all four upgrades your gear should have a red background
then the game allows you to go to V (or 5 if you like , +5 in ng+ is X)
which should change your gear background to purple
You use it to upgrade your weapons
They are used to upgrade gear from Mk. IV to Mk. V
unless you're in ng+. Then they'll upgrade gear from 9 to 10. But they don't carry over between playthroughs
There is also:
Resolve Biolabs
• Laboratories (2x) - Overcharge (80)
*Between the stairs with the sleeping Sentry/Dog-bot thing (Iron Maus #9 is on the adjacent table) and the hydroponics containers with the patroling Box+Crane/Janitor-bot thing.
Can confirm this aswell
Side note if you collect all the nano cores in one ng you get enough to upgrade one full armor plus 2 weapons to mk V
Enemies prior to final boss drop nanocore too, not sure what the drop rate is though.

lapdragon

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 4,260.00
Wiki Edits: 763
When did this start happening? I've played quite a bit and not gotten one from an enemy.
Im not sure when it started,but ive gotten 2 this way so far. Going to try for 3 more if it doesn't take to long
Im not sure if its
just in the cargo area either but thats where ive gotten my drops
Ithey seem to stop sdropping once u have a fully upgraded a set of gear to mk v, well at least for me

Megaqwerty

Souls: 50.00
lapdragon, it is only the nanite masses that can drop nano cores and the drop rate is low.

lapdragon

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 4,260.00
Wiki Edits: 763
That makes sense - they're an absolute royal pain to kill, and previously weren't really worth fighting unless you absolutely had to.
one the third floor of the nucleus there are 2 of those left of OPS , when near death they regen but you can overcharge them and they break (drop rates do suck and i kept farming till i had enough for 2 new weapons even though i already had all my gear upgraded from before , i maxed like 4 weapons for testing)
Too rare!

MickeAngelo

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 4
So if I dont use them all in my first walkthrou I can use them to ugrade weponad to Mk.X in NG, or do Nanocores from NG are next tier that don't stack with those from first walkthoru ?
Nano cores don't carry over to your next NG cycle, use them now.
In the DLC From R&D it's incorrect. It's 85 for the one in the entrance to Park Maintenance and 70 after Carbon Cat. Could this be verified and updated? : > -Faxxleton
The one in Park Maintenance isn't Nano Cores, it's a bunch of implants.
Kinda sad that upgrades with these are outclassed almost immediately into the next ng+ cycle because of mk6 or the ng++ version