thegourd

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 373.00
Bank: 5,878.00
(music linked)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uPTgDkb5yc
"The Age of Fire has ended.
Darkness reigns supreme, the world corrupted and rotting beneath its foul touch.
Yet there are some who shall never feel its chill."
- unkown

Lightning flashes in the night, winds howling and tugging at your cloak, biting deep into your flesh with teeth of broken glass. You raise an arm, shielding your eyes, alien footsteps shrouded in the shriek of tempestuous gusts. Then, mist rushes in, biting with acidic cold, the stones cracking underfoot, your armor crumbling and flaking away like dust beneath careful brush. From the mire of wind and mist a figure becomes clear, a shadow wrought in the shape of a man, his eyes two coals that blaze with furious light, his fingers wreathed in seething vapor. His lips move, casting light and fog into the gloom; his words lost in the clamor. Then, he is upon you, lightning rippling along his arms, mist curling from his body.

He slashes, throwing your weapon out wide, his fist narrowly missing your heart as you twist aside, feeling its passing pull upon you, deadly force dissipating into the shadows. You are granted not a breath's respite as he surges in, hands blurred into long streaks of pewter and tar that smash against your upraised forearms, battering through your guard.

Your ancient heart races, terror rushing through your veins, and in desperation you throw yourself into that hailstorm of steel and mist, slamming your sword against his neck, watching in horror as it shatters like glass. He does not smile, does not wince, only fixes a dark stare upon you, his eyes boring into yours.

Then the frenetic world turns black, serene , and silent.
And all is calm...
Forevermore

Last edited by thegourd on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thegourd

Insomniac
Sinner

@EldritchImagination @eremHaNeoN still interested in this? We would be starting over, but that's not necessarily a bad thing

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 12,779.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
thegourd wrote:@EldritchImagination @eremHaNeoN still interested in this? We would be starting over, but that's not necessarily a bad thing

eeeeh, maybe. What's the premise, goal, and rule set?
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

thegourd

Insomniac
Sinner

EldritchImagination wrote:
thegourd wrote:@EldritchImagination @eremHaNeoN still interested in this? We would be starting over, but that's not necessarily a bad thing

eeeeh, maybe. What's the premise, goal, and rule set?

It would be the same premise as before; the rules are a bit more fleshed out this time: you can attack/ dodge based on stamina limits and build, parries are based on a percent system (which means I would roll a 100 sided die). When two players attack one another, they each attack only once, and whomever attacks first is based on overall readiness, surprise, SL, ect.

thegourd

Insomniac
Sinner

If you've nay ideas for changes, please let me know

eremHaNeoN

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 3,222.00
Wiki Edits: 38
I'd definitely be up - I wrote a lengthy post in the other thread as to how to improve the game, it could use a wide array of changes - I hope you read it. Along with mentioning the things I liked the most that should definitely stay. I'd like this to be as good as it possibly can be before starting over again - if it takes a few days of changes/refinement, that's fine, I can wait - BUT it definitely needs changes I hope you will heed to!
Through Dark Souls of futures past. The speed runner longs to see. One boosts between a pair of binos. Parry Walk with Me.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

thegourd

Insomniac
Sinner

eremHaNeoN wrote:I'd definitely be up - I wrote a lengthy post in the other thread as to how to improve the game, it could use a wide array of changes - I hope you read it. Along with mentioning the things I liked the most that should definitely stay. I'd like this to be as good as it possibly can be before starting over again - if it takes a few days of changes/refinement, that's fine, I can wait - BUT it definitely needs changes I hope you will heed to!

If I remember right it was that we sometimes go too fast, leaving pages behind midgame? I think I can probably fix that pretty easily: use a turn based system where only one person can go at a time, thus preventing scores of posts while they are still typing

thegourd

Insomniac
Sinner

Who all (if anyone) is interested?

eremHaNeoN

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 3,222.00
Wiki Edits: 38
thegourd wrote:
eremHaNeoN wrote:I'd definitely be up - I wrote a lengthy post in the other thread as to how to improve the game, it could use a wide array of changes - I hope you read it. Along with mentioning the things I liked the most that should definitely stay. I'd like this to be as good as it possibly can be before starting over again - if it takes a few days of changes/refinement, that's fine, I can wait - BUT it definitely needs changes I hope you will heed to!

If I remember right it was that we sometimes go too fast, leaving pages behind midgame? I think I can probably fix that pretty easily: use a turn based system where only one person can go at a time, thus preventing scores of posts while they are still typing

Yes, there's that but I also wrote up a new post in more detail in the other thread. The last response in that thread is mine so, you should have no trouble finding it! :P Really though I hope you go over it and offer some feedback. I also bring up the issue as to how to attract people to play this game (which includes... what you said yes but more needs to be done/clearly established before starting anew).
Through Dark Souls of futures past. The speed runner longs to see. One boosts between a pair of binos. Parry Walk with Me.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 5,867.50
I'm more interested in helping you design it than playing due to my schedule.
I have good ideas when I put my mind to something.

I would even be willing to DM alternately for when you are away. I like the idea of DM more than playing for something like this. It definitely fits my writing style more, as inner monologues aren't really my expertise. But describing how characters feel due to environments and afflictions are pretty fun for me.

Let me know how I can help.