Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Conjurer?

elnawawi

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,155.00
Wiki Edits: 114
Basically Summoner , just a different name to differentiate the "class" from the skill line/tree
Double check the description of Witch authors/editors.
LOL at the description of wayfarers, "... and practitioners of sucking ****/*****, Wayfarers are easy to hit and even easier to fuc."

i though there was going to be a class that used a lance as it´s main weapon but there is no information about it, just asking because you cant use a lance for the rogue skills which its bad on itself, and being a finesse weapon you cant used it properly with warfare so it seems that lances in this game are trash because you cant use them properly for anything else than doing the basic attack.
Warfare will scale with both finesse and strength weapons
If you use a finesse wep or even a int wep (staff) all the warfare skills change to scale with that stat would not recommend the staff though changes all your dmg to magic so you can never deal the effects of the skills
There's a mod called "Tempest Class Mod" (I think that's what it's called?) which adds a more spear-oriented skillset, if that's what you want. There's also a separate mod that changes spear damage to piercing damage.
Are there gonna be more informative guides for classes?
This class page isnt even super necessary, all these classes are is a mix of attributes or focusing on 1 attribute, you can make your own path
It's very helpful when picking NPCs starting class in Fort Joy.
There needs to be something class-specific like a talent that changes when you respec. Otherwise classes are meaningless, everyone is just a hybrid of skills

elnawawi

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,155.00
Wiki Edits: 114
It's a good start for new people/ those who are clueless about the game, a hint in some direction for them so they don't feel lost/overwhlmed.

Also determines the initial skills your companions when you recruit them at Fort Joy before you gain access to respec mirror
More classes can be created out of the norm.
For Example my friend likes a class he found called Death Knight which is Warfare/Necromancer.
We're starting an Undead playthrough and i'm actually trying out a "Corrupt Paladin" Class that I thought up, Warfare/Geomancer where you can tank and poison everything.
I'm looking at creating more fun mixes.
Inquisitor is basically Death Knight though. Just another name for it.
If you want a really powerful combo, try out polymorph and warefare. Use a shield and later levels you will wreck everythink at medium range.
is there a way to use created character to play multiple times like in baldurs gate?