Discuss Nier as well as the comments posted to our Nier Replicant Wiki and Nier Automata Wiki
By Anonymous
this note was not shown when 9S received it after the red girls gave it to him
By Anonymous
What I don't get is WHY new models? Who is manufacturing these new models? Heck who even decided that these models would be obsoleted??
By Fallenangel700
Posts Avatar
Whoever is in charge of the Resistance, I assume. They needed a way to boost morale in their forces, and to do that they made YoRHa as a way of saying "Hey, look! Humans are still alive!", which we know is a lie. The reason they got rid of YoRHa is because they were the only androids with space flight/access to the moon server. All it would take is one curious android (Like 9S) and a flight unit to expose the whole lie.

This stuff about new models and tech is a bit simpler. They used YoRHa as a way of inventing and testing new tech. They even gave YoRHa it's own science team. Once YoRHa had run it's course, the Resistance scientists would take whatever they made and apply it to the rest of the Resistance.

It's kinda like killing three birds with one stone, they got some neat tech, they raised the morale of the Resistance, and they got a elite fighting force for a time.
By Anonymous
Well, I little bit confused
So, who made this plan ?
Is Resistance ? I mean who is the resistance ?
Is that who look like human in resistance camp ?

And at the ending of uuh maybe D if im not mistaken, the tower launched somekind of missle, what is that ?
By Fallenangel700
Posts Avatar
Allow me to clarify as best I can.
The leaders of the Resistance, we never actually meet them in game.
The Resistance is the army of androids that fight against the machines. They have been alone on Earth since the humans left, so many of them are quite old.
Yes, the people in the Resistance Camp are the androids of the Resistance. They are just the local forces however, the Resistance presumably has bases and people all around the world.

And the missile at ending D was a rocket. It was carrying part of the Machine Network. This part of the Machine Network, led by Adam and Eve, realized that they didn't have fight the androids anymore. They also realized that machines and androids couldn't live in peace after being at war for so long, so they decided that it was best for everyone if they left the planet entirely. The rocket would carry them out of the solar system, and hopefully, to another world where they could set up their own society.
By Anonymous
Back in May 2017 there was a concert, some scripsts were read duting the intermisions, one of these tell the story of how this plan comes to be. Theres also a video in youtube where the english voice actors for 2B and 9S go through the scripts, and they say this story takes place 200 years before the events of the game.
By Anonymous
Prototype No.9 changed the original Yorha plan into Project Yorha 200 years before the game takes place. Ironically, his derivatives suffer through the whole project made by himself.
By Anonymous
When I first read this document I was dumb and I had thought they meant they literally built a secret back door to the bunker and would open it once they decided to dispose of everyone. Like shooting them out into space, which wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. It wasn't until I started researching the game after finishing it that I realized what it actually was.