Discuss Nier as well as the comments posted to our Nier Replicant Wiki and Nier Automata Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

how it works? Why "would be inhumane to install standard AI in androids that are ultimately destined for disposal" , seem like the backwards to me....

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,181.50
Wiki Edits: 302
I'm not sure I understand it myself, but I think it means that YoRHa androids are machines that have been re-purposed into androids. The reasoning is that whoever created YoRHa didn't feel it was right to put a full android A.I. into a model that was doomed to die no matter what happened.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
I think the thought process behind it is that by re-purposing machine cores and using them to make YoRHa androids that it allowed the higher-ups who started project YoRHa to tell themselves that they weren't sacrificing real sapient allies, they were just sacrificing recycled enemy units.
Seems like something about this note and the YoRHa Disposal note is wrong. When acquiring this note 9S just mentions the Machine Core part but not the rest, yet when getting the Disposal note in the Tower he acts like it's a big reveal even though he already has that information.
This was definitely not intended. I've checked this with the JP versions' english text and it should indeed not contain the Disposal text. Very strange that the non-JP versions does though, must've been a copy-paste error somewhere down the line. I've actually emailed squeenix about this a few weeks ago so hopefully they patch it out for the sake of other players. Does kinda ruin the big reveal.
Project 03-01: Regarding the Disposal of the YoRHa squadron should not be in this note, the content of additional information should be the correct note
Is there a proper place to report this if it is a bug? Seems a shame that they wouldn't patch it out if it's not intentional.
They've fixed this document in-game since I've first played.

Now it only mentions the information regarding the Black Box, not the reveal regarding the disposal of Project YoRHA.

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Cool. Hopefully it was spoiled for to many people.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
Were you playing on PC or console? And what language were you playing (Japanese+English Subs, or English Dub)

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Ack! That was supposed to be "wasn't spoiled for too many people."
I played with the English dub on the PS4 version.
I still had those information, and for something like 3 hours of gameplay I wondered why had 9S not mentioned those data's. Now I've obtained the "official" yorha disposal data. The game is fully updated, with DLCs, and no I'm not writing from the past. 15/01/2021

Creeger

Souls: 50.00
Top secret black box archive won't show up in my archive after I've obtained it. So far i have tried to restart the game and I tried to fix i by going to Ch. 15-02, however it didn't work. Any idea how to fix it?(i play on the ps4 if that helps).

Creeger

Souls: 50.00
Nevermind, the archive doesn't show but the game has registered that i have obtained them. I was missing "Project Gestalt Report 7" and when obtained it i got 100 %(had 98 % before obtaining it)