Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Bend it
In SOTFS hardly anyone invaded in this covenant anymore. I have farmed this place in champion covens for an hour several times and never been invaded
The secret door after Belfry Sol, do you need to be hollow to open it?

EvilUnicornLord

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 200.00
Wiki Edits: 30
No. Head down the stairs, through the hallway and once you exit the doorway (where you should be able to see all the alonne knights and ironclads through the metal grate) spam the "interact" button while walking along the wall.
In a way it's kind of nice that DS2 has so slim a population, it has really helped with getting a friend of mine into the series, since this is the easiest of the three dark souls. Now he's hooked, only bummer is there is very rarely anyone to PvP with.
easiest of the 3? i have to disagree there
DS2 is perfect for beginners because of how much of a cakewalk the game is, and it sets up perfectly for the other games because your friend now has very low standards
theres no way you can argue this is any easier or any harder than dark souls. i have thousands of hours in each one. they are different games, if you say one is easier it just means you need to get good at the other one
I kinda agree that DS2 is one of the easiest for beginners. In general it give smaller and more frequent upgrades, be it new weapons, armor sets, spells, levels or estus. Even if you miss one, it's not really a big deal. It also is the one that gives more opportunities to redistribute status points (ds1 gives zero, ds3 gives 5 with rosaria mother of rebirth, ds2 gives around 10 with soul vessels). I played it after DS1 and DS3, and found that the enemies are not as fast&smart as DS3, but the cliffs and jumps are nowhere near as demoniac as in DS1. Despite this, it's still one of the most replayable.
23 May 2021: I agree with almost everything you said except the thing about cliffs in DS1 because I've died much more to cliffs and other enviromental hazards in DS2, it's actually the main reason why DS2 is my least favorite Dark Souls game

EvilUnicornLord

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 200.00
Wiki Edits: 30
So apparently if the giant lift in the room below is in the "up" state, you can sometimes see the chains poking through the floor in Belfry Sol while heading up the ladder. Nothing particularly useful to know, just kind of neat since it "un-renders" the lift while you're in Belfry Sol.
what does ringing the bell do?

Fuzetman

Souls: 275.00
Wiki Edits: 51
Opens the door at the fenced off area