Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

moaning knight...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

eremHaNeoN

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 3,410.00
Wiki Edits: 41
It'd be great if this was just some knight who has a Moaning Shield and just uses that every time you interact with him, and would serve absolutely no purpose or use in the game whatsoever, he's just... there. He says/does absolutely nothing else. Nobody else even acknowledges his existence. He just makes his Moaning Shield, uh, moan every time you try to "talk" to him. Drops nothing when killed. Aggro'ed, he just moves around making moaning sounds with the shield and sometimes trying to bash you with it. Then you stand there confused and maybe distraught all like "WHAT DOES IT MEAN MIYAZAKI?! WHAT DOES IT MEEEAAAN?!" A Pendant made NPC basically. DON'T LET ME DOWN GAME.

Like, at least Horace gave you a covenant badge, could be summoned for a boss, dropped a shield when killed and whose armor could be bought afterwards. Not to mention the significance he had for Anri. Even that weird talking cage of hollows was there to give you a cryptic clue about getting inside a cage to get the Mound Makers item. This guy would be... just a guy who likes making his Moaning Shield moan. And absolutely nothing else. A MAN CAN DREAM...
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

BjorntheBear

Souls: 50.00
I'm with you! I'd fall out of my chair laughing!

eremHaNeoN

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 3,410.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Ah turns out my dreams are crushed... still neat invasion and I like the mask drop!
Through Dark Souls of futures past. The speed runner longs to see. One boosts between a pair of binos. Parry Walk with Me.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
Eygon infact does assist you in the fight with the Dragonslayer Armour. How he ended up here I have no freaking idea. But he's more than a "random" useless NPC. Granted he's useless to us now, but perhaps after a while he became broken just like Gael towards the bitter end of his quest.
It's some knight wearing Morne's armor.
It's Eygon.
It's pretty much dark spirit Eygon 2.0 that drops the Blindfold Mask
after i picked the blindfold mask i run to the shrine. I thought he'd killed Irina there, but fortunately he didn't
I got invaded by him in the area where Lapp kicks you off the ledge
The Moaning Knight is after the bridge protected by the dragon inside the spiral tower. When entering the tower go left. You'll see a lizard. Going after the lizard will cause you to fall when the stairs collapse. That's where he invades. He's not that hard. The tight corridor is the real factor here for large weapons that swing horizontally.
If i kill Darkeater so he will appear ?
The Moaning Knight can't be anybody else but Eygon.
In the ringed city we get invaded by Alva again. But pay attention: he's not named Alva anymore, he's just "Seeker of the Spurned".
But we know it can't be anybody else but Alva, because he uses his weapons and armor and Alva was the Seeker of the Spurned after all.

Its the same case with Moaning Knight. His name is forgotten. But it is Eygon!
Yes, the hammer and the armor is standart issue weaponry of Carim knights.
BUT! The shield is EXCLUSIVE to Eygon. The shield is made after his sister, if description of the shield to be believed, so only Eygon can have it.
So it is 100% him.

What's even weirder - the mosquito creep mentions Eygon and Irina in one of his monologue ramblings.
I don't know why Eygon invades you, but it is him.

What's more questionable though: why does he drops that mask? In Dark Souls 3 it says its somewhat similiar to firekeeper's crown (and Irina was meant to become one).
However here's the thing: in Dark Souls 2 this mask belonged to Zullie - Alva's lover. Its exactly the same mask, but descriptions are completely different.

I have no idea what any of this means, but its *****ign fascinating!
I think he drops the mask because Irina was /supposed/ to become a firekeeper, so perhaps it was for her?
reading this made me scream internally (in a good way)
I successfully avoided him the first time through this area, went through again and got killed by him, then after completing the DLC went back for the mask, and he's not spawning any more - running all up and down the tower, embered or not. This isn't a complaint at all, I just think it's interesting and I wonder what exactly the trigger is. Midir or Gael or both, I'm assuming, just wanted to give y'all a heads up that if you use dark and want the mask, you shouldn't wait too long to kill this NPC, unless I'm totally overlooking something.

Bob_of_Astora

Souls: 69.00
Check it if the mask is in your inventory or not! Maybe he jumped off a cilff after killing you and you recieved the mask right when the loading screen startdd.
Just have him spawn, walk out into Midir's range. BLOCK fire (with a decent shield you take tiny chip damage). The dragon will kill him for you~ Or ya know, just push him off into the pit.... that works too.
Or stop being a ***** and destroy that mother*****er!