Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
This and the smaller version is From giving 0 *****s about the dragon stones.
By Anonymous
Sadly yes... My dragon bros will die out soon...
By Anonymous
Does it buff damage, and can it stack with regular Dragon Roar?

Because if it doesn't buff damage it won't fill the dragon stone's, and even if it does and the two stack, at least the torso stone will still have a use as you can double-buff yourself.
By Anonymous
well the smaller shield only does a burst of fire unlike the dragon stone and the great shield doesn't boost damage but it adds poise. if anything this is the birth of the duel dragon shield dragon bro.
By Anonymous
i reckon that dragonbros should be allowed to wear armour, gloves and boots. doesn't make sense that they can't wear clothes, and forcing them to be nude decimates their defences, both in terms of absorption and flat defense. I would definately use dragon form more often if all it meant was weakness to lightning damage and no helmets in exchange for the dragon roar, which is a good trade imo. The head and twinkling stones desperately need reworking though. Much too slow and telegraphed, without even having good damage. The head stone's flames are almost useless, only good for stunning grubs and puss monsters or finishing off tod users. ripperoni in pepperoni, dragonbros. your potential to be something epic will never be forgotten.
By Anonymous
it roars... nothing goes flying..so what does the skill actually do?
By Anonymous
It stuns enemies and gives you the same poise buff as the Perseverance WA.
By Anonymous
The roar interrupts and stuns enemies, but the range is pretty crappy. However, it also activates you poise for ~5 seconds, much like steady chant from talismans. Bear in mind that this is just poise, it doesn't block enemy attacks or increases your defense.

Being able to power through attacks though is wonderful. Especially good when paired with spellcasting since you won't be interrupted as easily when this is on.
By Anonymous
I believe you're thinking of Unfaltering Prayer. Steady Chant is something that buffs sorcery staves.
By Anonymous
The weapon art deals no damage so I don't see the point of the faith scaling.
By Anonymous
It's physical AR scales with faith, Sherlock
By Anonymous
two-handing ya dingus
By Anonymous
Well... it looks cool but the viability isn't really there.
The buff is not as good, though one could use the poise, but the elemental resistances are bad and the weight is too high for its stats in general.
By Anonymous
it's god for fire though
By Anonymous
it has pocket-poise and good stagger that can de-shield. not all shields are for blocking and parrying you know.
By Anonymous
Has the bets fire absorption in the game. Black Knight Shield has 85, Dragoncrest Shield has 89.
By Anonymous
Infuse +10 Black Iron Greatshield with fire. Bam. 99.6 fire absorption.
By Anonymous
to other anon. black iron shield with fire have physical defense equal to a small. shield. this is the best fire defense you can have as its 90% with a 100% and very high stab
By Anonymous
The shield should have the moveset of the ringed knights so you can knock down your opponments and also the gain the poise damage.
By Anonymous
Basically you use this with a fast weapon like a straight sword and use the weapon art for 5 seconds of poise

Lmaooo im able to tank through stupid greatswords and ultras with my straight sword r1 spam. Dunno why no one has caught on yet
By Anonymous
Dude, I KNOW! I had totally written this off initially and only today decided to do some testing to see what it was all about. Potentially OP.
By Anonymous
Why has no one caught on yet? Because nobody cares? I mean, even if you're actually correct and you're getting enough poise to ignore hits from ultra greatswords, which seems like a bit of a dubious claim to me, as soon as anyone knows what you're doing they'll avoid you for a whole 5-ish seconds (unless you go mindlessly charging after them, in which case I don't care how much poise you have when you get hit by a charged R2 from an ultra GS) and now you've got 18 weight of useless crap weighing you down (the shield has LESS stability and no better defense than a lothric shield, which weighs 1/3 as much. If you were facing a pyromancer it might serve, but if you're facing a faith build that 30 percent lightning reduction is going to be a laugh), while if one took and invested that 18 pounds in heavier armor not only would it provide defense but it would provide a bunch of poise that actually lasted.

So that's probably why. And side note, I'm not sure if you have any right to call greatswords and ultras "stupid" when your idea of a PvP strategy is "straight sword R1 spam!".
By Anonymous
Well, we found the Ultra user
By Anonymous
Found the casul r1 spammer
By Anonymous
These r1 spammers will be parried really hard