Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

godofcinder

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 4
whooooot? gael is final boss of dark souls? final boss must be aldia or berier of the curse :\
Gael eats the dark soul. from the leaked weapons he's going to be the closest thing dark souls has had to actually including guts in the game. Considering how much the series was influenced by berserk its pretty neat. also he might have a more *****ed up second phase.
No one said "final boss", so perhaps he's just an "ordinary" boss :D
"Berier of the curse". Its nice to see that 12 year olds are playing this game. Truly.

PrimalDrkns3

Souls: 55.00
It makes perfect sense gael is the last "boss". Just look around the arena. Everyone, everything is wasted away to nothingness. No more gods, dragons, champions. Just two humans after the dark soul. Gael got there first, consumed the dark soul an was corrupted by it, realizing you too were of the dark and attacked. Its all very fitting i say.

ThePlayer

Souls: 75.00
Wiki Edits: 5
Okay I was not expecting this......goodness this DLC is going to be epic.
yeah i too, my teory lapp gonna be boss but gael was the one
Epic? How??? It's just some old dude. Unless he is secretly the furtive pigmy or something, I'm not seeing it.

Zethras

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 92.00
Furtive Pigmy is dead, the Chosen Unded killed him in the chasm of the abyss, back in Oolacile
Seriously? Gael will be one of the only final bosses of dark souls itself? This seems so stupid, he should just be an NPC fight.

ClaymoreEtAegis

Souls: 55.00
Well from a lore standpoint, it makes perfect sense. Gael has existed for a *very* long time, since the Age of Fire when Gwyn and his Lords were in their prime. To me it seems satisfying for the last fight to be against a man who possesses the same determination that our character does, perhaps even greater. But it was his very objective that drove him mad, becoming overwhelmed by the power of the dark souls. And it's our job to put down a creature who, along with us, survived until the very end. A final standoff between an Undead and a Unkindled. Fitting, in my opinion :)
I am praying to Miyazaki that there is more to this than we can tell, because if the final boss to dark souls itself is just this old guy that showed up out of nowhere, then I'm done with FromSoft altogether.
Read the description for 'Blood of the Dark Soul'
I did it just said he ate the dark soul. I don't care what he does, just that he's the end of it all. I just don't understand why fromsoft chose him.
I find it obvious, gael will do anything for his painter and as the dark soul is a ethereal object (I would imagine) he consumed it to infuse the soul in to his blood which would then become a liquid that can be used as paint. We come along to a possibly insane gael to put him out of his misery AND get the pigment for the painter. Also in the trailer from a slight angle of him it's revealed gael has gained wings and some people who have played the dlc has compared his fight to be some what similar to artorias, so do not disappointed just yet and wait.
Ok, I get you. Just sucks we don't get the dark soul for ourselves.
??? THIS is the final boss of the dlc and dark souls? Ummm...what? Where's the furtive pigmy? Resurrected Manus? The freaking primordial serpents???
Based on some things I've seen, I have a feeling Gael will end up becoming a sort of "resurrected Manus."

Zethras

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 92.00
The Furtive Pigmy died in the Chasm of The Abyss, back in Oolacile, after he became the Father of The Abyss himself
Ok, I am WAY confused. Why is everybody reacting as if Gael being the final boss of dark souls itself is a good thing or a great twist? Is there something I'm not getting? Please tell me.
Basically what I can understand is that Gael went to the ringed city because he wanted the dark soul. Now he wanted it so the painter girl could paint him a world to live in. Have it Gael as the final boss of the series is quite something in my opinion. We are fighting another human who has become infatuated by the dark soul. So in reality by having Gael as the final boss it's like we're fighting humanity itself. That's my opinion anyway.
Umm...I get the appeal of fighting another just like us but...seriously? He's it? When there are so many key figures, god's, monsters and heroes they could have used over the entirety of Dark Souls history...and they chose this old guy that we only just met to end it all?
My 2c, as a newcomer to Dark Souls (but a massive Bloodborne fan):
The point of this DLC is to finally reveal the nature of the Dark Soul of Man, the way the Painted World DLC was a metaphor for the Age of Fire and the cycle continuing. The Ringed City, home of the Pygmies - the first humans - shows that while humanity allied with the gods, their souls were the Dark, and humanity has been bound by the gods' burning curse since the earliest of days. But humanity has endured past the death of the gods - and while the fire could be rekindled once more, it is clear that the world in DS3 has failed to light it more immensely than ever before. And passing into the far future, when the Dark Soul is manifest, one sees a world wasted... with a human survivor still within it. Gael doesn't just mimic the player character - Gael embodies humanity. Undead and undying, he has survived until the very end of everything, only growing stronger. When he challenges you for the Dark Soul, it is because he sees that you too have the Dark.
Gael's not a god, not even particularly a hero. But he is extremely human, and has refused to die or be dismissed. He was a minor figure, an unlucky man. Who else could be humanity, in this world? I mean I guess Patches could function but come on.
This is either a troll or gael is hiding something from us
I am praying that this is a troll and there's a lot more to this because if not, I have lost all hope in FromSoft and Miyazaki.
Why would you lose hope. Oh i know because it isn't someone you wanted you wanted bad breath snekrap as the final boss
Well if you look at souls of Gael description he maybe consume by dark souls and he is not a champion
so the final boss of the entire souls series is Gael. well i mean technically if you believe the theory that the painter girl is Priscilla's daughter then the final boss of the series is Priscilla's brother. (or brother-in-law)
or freaking hey if your really really delrious and insane and say that maybe the chosen undead married Priscilla than you could really go in to depravity and say that gael is the chosen undeads brother I DON'T KNOW
It's still incredibly stupid when you consider the myriad amounts of characters and creatures they could have used, but they went with "old guy".
oh yeah i would of loved a rehash of manus or even better how about a snake with really bad breath that looks like it can barely fight
oh and another thing "OH MIYAZAKI AND FRMSFT WORE I LOST ALL HOP IN YOU BECUSE YOU DIDN'T MAKE A REHSH OF A BOSH I LIKEDED" god dang all those post's make me angry would a rehash of manus or a primordial serpent really make a better boss
I feel the same, in the new trailer released it seems like gael is not actually himself and some people point out he has wings (not sure if this is true I may need to rewatch and pay very close attention) but if gael is the final boss would fromsoft really make it an npc fight?
well thats true he's not himself if people actually paid attention to the description of his souls its obvious he's not himself
checked the trailer footage, it does seem like he has wings.