Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Why does the page say "Barbed Straight Sword +5" in the stats box?
It doesn’t say that for me. Maybe your phones (or PC) browser had an error while loading this page?
Does this weapon have disjoint stat scaling? Like, the physical damage increases with STR, and the lightning damage increases with DEX, something like that?
Str and Dex scale the physical. lightning does not scale
Stop!... Stop it!... Stop, hurting me!!
How good is this weapon in pvp?
Really really really good
It's great for range. However damage is lack luster, so don't expect an easy victory. Great for tactical play and whittling down a foes health.
Bruh if you have 50 strength why would you do chaos infusion??? It removes scaling from the weapon and makes it so humanity scales with it instead... Your 50 strength would be useless then.
The lightning damage goes through shields to some degree, so it's great against them. You also need to two-hand the weapon to prevent the weapon from bouncing off said shields. Don't use heavy attack because of it's long startup and cooldown, its just asking to get smacked directly in the face. You can use jumping attacks instead, which can also poke through walls due to it's absurd hitbox.
Actually is not "enchantable" As this page says

Imalayan

Casual
Convict

Souls: 2,020.00
Wiki Edits: 390
Tested and fixed it.
Best weapon for me for pve with quality build (40 dex 40 str), good range, lightning damage, hit fast and stun ennemies pretty easily.
if you do a turtle-poke build with this weapon + eagle shield + stone armor you can become gamebreakingly op with like only 30 minutes of playthrough
Is the scaling better than just using a Lightning (or Chaos) Pike on a 50 Strength build? I'm doing a Turtle Havel build and these seem to be the best weapons outside of going for a Demon Greataxe or Zweihander...

ThunderFlip

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 25.00
Bank: 2,390.00
Wiki Edits: 254
50 STR... You want something with high STR scaling and a high base physical damage; this is not that weapon. The scaling won't effect the lightning damage, that is static. Your STR would only scale as a C off of 150 base damage, which isn't very good. Even a normal broadsword +15 would likely be a better choice at 205 physical damage + C scaling. Don't ascend your weapons to Lightning/Chaos paths, you will lose the scaling in favor of split damage which is a waste at that level. You might want to consider a greatsword, greataxe, ultra greatsword or great hammer if you want high damage as spears aren't very great for strength builds. My top picks are the Large/Great Club, Demon Greataxe, Black Knight Greataxe/Sword. If you want a smaller weapon, the reinforced club is really underrated but amazing at high strength. It's a lot faster than the big clubs but still packs a punch. It outdoes the regular club even though it ends with B scaling instead of A because it's base damage is so much higher.
seems good for parish pvp