Discuss Nier as well as the comments posted to our Nier Automata Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Did some math, correct me if i'm wrong
This is how many chips to reach Lvl10 Rank from +0
Rank # Needed of previous rank
10 2
9 4
8 8
7 16
6 32
5 64
4 128
3 265
2 512
1 1024
3/256, probly just typed to fast
Max is only Rank 8. so only 256 needed for maxing....and it some point you can buy +1,+2,+3..etc chips lowering the amount AND cost of a maxed chip.
Also you rarely found chips at level 0 in the game.

At the end of the first playthrough you can easily have +6 for most chips.
Max rank you can buy from Emil is +6 bear in mind though he only sells the +6 chips when he is outside the resistance camp.

+6 chips you need only buy 4 of to get 1 +8.
Do chip levels (as in chip +1, +2, +3 etc) increase on drops from higher level enemies? For example, will I find +4 or higher drop rate chips in the amusement park if I come back on route B at a much higher level or am I better off farming them on route A before enemy levels scale?
You gain easily materials with luck chips (up to 90%). You can gain more chips like that, so that's pretty usefull to be powerful.

The drops increase a little it seems, on the "quality" of drops, with the level up of ennemies, but it's not clearly visible.

If you go on route B you will easily gain materials, and rarer ones too. It's the same for route C.

With more luck you can gain a lot of loot, and on route B for example you will gain so many materials, from the common to the rarest, with a lot of chips (that means some with the little black diamond, meaning it costs less space).

After some time there was so many things to gather it bothered me, so I stayed at 30% luck and that seemed enough.
Quick reference guide to all chip locations, values, most efficient loads to achieve effect limit, and locations.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fNMz4foJEWZpbbZH3GcdwucftESNYNffEOobdCyRO4E/pubhtml
For some reason I have no control over how many of a certain chip I can place and its really bothering me, anyone have an answer as to if this is even possible on PC or how to do it?

Fallenangel700

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 6,161.50
Wiki Edits: 210
Do you mind clarifying? I'm not sure what you mean by "how many of a certain chip I can place".
When I fuse two chips which is level +7, it dissappears ??? Why?
look in your actual chips list, not the fusing menu, level 8 is the max so they dont present it to be fused
What is the point of the sound analysis graph?? No spoilers please.

Fallenangel700

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 6,161.50
Wiki Edits: 210
You occasionally find dead pods lying on the ground. They emit a high pitch beeping sound to help you find them. However, some people might not be able to hear the beeping, so the sound graph if required to show them where the beeping is.

That, and it looks cool.