Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
It still does strike damage? mine says strike/thrust (SotFS)
By Anonymous
mine to, sotfs, still strike, the 2nd light attack is thrust
By Anonymous
what even is this weapon
By Anonymous
A polehammer. Historically it was often used by dismounted knights
By Anonymous
Odd weapon, but it doesn't seem that bad.
By Anonymous
GH poise damage, halberd moveset. Nice little can-opener for havelyns
By Anonymous
*****yeah! I was wishing there was a long handled hammer like Yorshka's Spear from DS3, and I just happened to pick this up from an enemy! Too bad it has***** Dex scaling. I'm using the Partizan right now since the R2 uses strike dmg which everyone is weak to in this game.
By Anonymous
Amazing weapon! Light weight with good moveset, high poise damage and infuses with good elemental damage! Biggest drawback of this weapon is that it clanks on walls and ceilings so don't get caught in a tight spot, skeleton!
By Anonymous
Even then, the weapon looks to be considerably shorter than a lot of long polearms in dark souls, wish we got something like this in 3
By Anonymous
This weapon scales alright with strength compared to some other weapons with halberd moveset. At 20/16, AR for halberd is 459, for archdrake mace its 372, difference of 87. At 60/16, it's 504 and 438 respectively, difference of 66. That being said, at 60/16 mastodon halberd has an AR of 611. I'm not sure if the extra 20 poise damage from ArMace is ever worth a 173 AR loss from mastodons.

For elemental infusions, at 20/20/10/10 fire archdrake mace clocks at 251/196, while blue knight's halberd has 429/158, difference of 178 / -38, making blue knight halberd a better choice, poise damage notwithstanding.
By Anonymous
It is strike damage tho
By Anonymous
TL;DR Don't use this weapon unless you're going for a cosplay or a challenge run.

After 23 Jan post, I've decided to test the damage effectiveness of ArchMace. I've upgraded halberd (477 ar), archdrake mace (390 ar) and mastodon halberd (551 ar) to +10, at stats 20/18 twohanded, with ring of blades +1 and flynn at 70.0 weight. All hits mentioned here are sweetspot hits. Some may have been counter hits, but I tried to get the lowest value on the first R1 I could get.

Old knight in Amana (weak to strike): . . . Halberd: 525 . . . ArchMace: 514 . . . Mastodon Halberd: 625 . . .

Iron Warrior in front of Fume Knight: . . . Halberd: 511 . . . ArchMace: 358 . . . Mastodon: 560 . . .

Alonne knight in iron keep: . . . Halberd: 506 . . . ArchMace: 396 . . . Mastodon: 598 . . .

Alonne captain (weak to strike): . . . Halberd: 501 . . . ArchMace: 488 . . . Mastodon: 594

Amana Priestess (weak to thrust and slash): . . . Halberd: 681 . . . ArchMace: 533 . . . Mastodon: 806 . . .

For some reason, hitting sweetspot with ArchMace was slightly more difficult when 2h (bit easier when 1h). It underperforms even against enemies weak to strike, has poor sweetspot registration, and very low range. On top of this, both normal halberd and mastodon halberd are obtainable earlier. The 20 more poise damage is nice, but I'd much rather kill the enemy on second hit, than stagger on second, and kill on third. I really wanted to like this weapon, but I struggle to see any use for it.
By Anonymous
TL;DR Don't use this weapon unless you're going for a cosplay or a challenge run.

After 23 Jan post, I've decided to test the damage effectiveness of ArchMace. I've upgraded halberd (477 ar), archdrake mace (390 ar) and mastodon halberd (551 ar) to +10, at stats 20/18 twohanded, with ring of blades +1 and flynn at 70.0 weight. All hits mentioned here are sweetspot hits. Some may have been counter hits, but I tried to get the lowest value on the first R1 I could get.

Old knight in Amana (weak to strike): . . . Halberd: 525 . . . ArchMace: 514 . . . Mastodon Halberd: 625 . . .

Iron Warrior in front of Fume Knight: . . . Halberd: 511 . . . ArchMace: 358 . . . Mastodon: 560 . . .

Alonne knight in iron keep: . . . Halberd: 506 . . . ArchMace: 396 . . . Mastodon: 598 . . .

Alonne captain (weak to strike): . . . Halberd: 501 . . . ArchMace: 488 . . . Mastodon: 594

Amana Priestess (weak to thrust and slash): . . . Halberd: 681 . . . ArchMace: 533 . . . Mastodon: 806 . . .

For some reason, hitting sweetspot with ArchMace was slightly more difficult when 2h (bit easier when 1h). It honestly underperforms even against enemies weak to strike, has poor sweetspot registration, and very low range. On top of this, ArchMace is obtainable after mastodon, and way after normal halberd. The 20 more poise damage is nice, but I'd much rather kill the enemy on second hit, than stagger them on second, and kill them with third hit. I really wanted to like this weapon, but I struggle to see any use for it.
By Anonymous
Depends on what you're aiming for. This weapon is perfect for a Dex build that wants the option to deal strike damage but wants more range than a caestus. Highest damage for a Str requirement of only 10 (twohanded) and also very light.
By Anonymous
For a strike weapon on dex build, Partizan has 8 lower str requirement and also deals strike damage on its R2, with A or S scaling on dex. The only time it falls short is when you're fighting in a tight corridor - usually not the case against enemies weak to strike, since they tend to be large knight types in open areas.
By Anonymous
I get that people get really excited on minmaxing and stuff, but trying to tell other people to optimize the fun out of their games is weird.
By Anonymous
Yeah, I was super frustrating with how tanky the dlc bosses were when this was my main weapon. Changing it to another weapon made it click, this weapon sucks.

Looks great though.