Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 22,847.00
Wiki Edits: 15
I wanted to make a good weapon with blessed infusion, and wondered if any get an A or an S...

Thanks.
"Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument"

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 24,321.50
Wiki Edits: 42
I do not believe there is such a weapon in the game. Usually, blessed infusion transforms any weapon in a garbage slow healing machine.
Useless
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
Kind of tricky to explain. You know how your weapon will get the same amount of base elemental AR as Crystal, Lightning, Dark, or Chaos? Blessed turns your weapon's physical AR into what you would get as elemental. Since it's all the same number, the strongest Blessed weapons are also the strongest elemental infused weapons.

There's also a second thing to consider, and that's weapons with inherent lightning damage. If your weapon has base lightning AR but no Faith scaling, making it Blessed will give it Faith scaling and cause the lightning AR to start scaling with Faith as well. The end result is a weapon that raises two different damage values off one stat, which is pretty decent. Still weaker than it would be as Lightning-infused or just physical+buff, but not the absolute worst thing you could do either.

Saint's Bident does not work well when Blessed, in case you're wondering.

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

I found info about the blessed Lothric sword having an A with Faith and made one. Definitely a lot weaker than my lightning sword (same one). I just wanted to try a sort of "health gain" build with four sources of passive healing. I'll admit, the ticks are pretty steady. Not quite Demon's Souls broken, but decent.

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

If you want something interesting to do with all that health regen, try equipping Lloyd's Sword and/or Shield rings. Being able to consistently top your HP off without using Estus makes them a whole lot more useful than they normally are.

Anubis

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 789.00
TSMP wrote:If you want something interesting to do with all that health regen, try equipping Lloyd's Sword and/or Shield rings. Being able to consistently top your HP off without using Estus makes them a whole lot more useful than they normally are.

^This.

I'm also a very big fan of having the Ethereal Oak Shield equipped on a blessed build.
When fighting it offers you 100% physical damage reduction PLUS inherent healing properties AND you can use the Weapon Art of your weapon in the meantime.

But this shield also comes in handy in between fights when you have a (blessed infused) weapon with the Quickstep Weapon Art. I always buy a Bandit's Knife and infuse that with a blessed gem on new characters. It trivializes the Farron Swamp area completely (not that it is too hard otherwise) as the blessed healing effect counteracts the poison damage and Quickstep allows you to traverse the deep swamp easily.
(You can get the shield VERY early if you are willing to tackle the AoA-DLC-area early on.)
"I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be, deserves to perish wretchedly..."

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,768.01
that is Anri's sword.

it has the blessed in it and it scales good on luck. any other blessed infused weapon is real **** in terms of AR.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

Back_Lot_Basher

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

TSMP wrote:If you want something interesting to do with all that health regen, try equipping Lloyd's Sword and/or Shield rings. Being able to consistently top your HP off without using Estus makes them a whole lot more useful than they normally are.

They're the ones that increase attack if your health is topped up, right?

I've always steered away from non-faith melee builds because I make a lot of mistakes in timing when I play Souls (mostly getting too greedy with attacks), so I needed to heal up a lot. But all these passive sources of HP really helped me when I played that quality character I was trying to tweak.

Veroskan

Souls: 229.00
Wiki Edits: 1
All Lothric knight weapons scale reasonably well with blessed/lightning enchanment. Another weapon that could be interesting is the dragonslayer axe as it has lightning damage already, can be blessed and still use its warcry ability for a small damage buff.

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Back_Lot_Basher wrote:They're the ones that increase attack if your health is topped up, right?

I've always steered away from non-faith melee builds because I make a lot of mistakes in timing when I play Souls (mostly getting too greedy with attacks), so I needed to heal up a lot. But all these passive sources of HP really helped me when I played that quality character I was trying to tweak.

Yep, those ones. Lloyd's Sword Ring boosts attack at full HP, and Lloyd's Shield Ring does the same for defense.

Eh, as long as you have 10fth you can use the Cleric's Chime from Greirat. Much better regen rate than any Blessed weapon or shield, if we're being honest. If you can kill Dancer early (bleed helps), you can have access to the Blessed Weapon buff by the time you hit Road of Sacrifices which downright obviates the infusion. Blessed Weapon on Anri's Straight Sword stacks both Anri's bonus damage against skeletons on top of BW's bonus damage along with stacking the HP regen from both, which turns the Catacombs into an absolute cakewalk.

Speaking of, as long as we're talking about HP regen and spells: Don't use the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring with regen miracles. You don't get more regen out of it, it'll just slow down your regen to be the same total over a longer duration.