Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
With raw infusion, it does very decent physical damage for low strength/dex requirements. A nice option for a hexer with low str/dex who still wants physical damage for dark resistant enemies. (Or you can go dark infusion + dark weapon for stupid amounts of dark damage). Somewhat slow though, which can make it tricky to hit faster enemies, especially with the sweet spot. Also HEAVY. For a spellcaster looking for a secondary melee weapon to one hand to deal with closer enemies while you magic spam, something like the silver black spear is easier/safer to use due to its speed and lower stamina use. This thing is very fun though (especially the 2H R2 spin to win attack).
By Anonymous
Almost triple the weight of the standard halberd and needs less strength to use? Because . . . magic, I guess?
By Anonymous
The halberd is just big boned
By Anonymous
I've tried many weapons with my hexer, but nothing beats this beauty
By Anonymous
Dude….you can’t say that when the crypt black sword exists
By Anonymous
A great weapon, but with a high skill curve. If you can't or don't want to space, this weapon is not for you. Very weak when you don't hit the sweetspot (does slightly more damage than a similar leveled Broken Sword) but incredibly strong (on par with Fume UGS) when the sweetspot is hit. Very high risk/reward, especially in PvP.
By Anonymous
Infuse with what?
By Anonymous
Dark
By Anonymous
But infused with dark the dex scale goes from a to e not worth
By Anonymous
Why are you using a dark weapon if you want it to scale with dex? Don't be stupid, infuse it with dark or use another weapon, if you want a dex based one
By Anonymous
I still can't decide if i should infuse with dark or not because the dex scaling went down a lot compared to no infuse. Planning on quality build run.
By Anonymous
dark infusion sucks, do raw, thank me later
By Anonymous
is this weapon better or MLGS ? i have a dark orb build based on int + faith
By Anonymous
Damage is much better so yes. But it's much harder to use due to sweet spot mechanic
By Anonymous
If you're doing dark then you'll get more out of this weapon and other dark weapons than MLGS. Ever since MLGS's nerfs it's sadly outclassed by other magic weapons. Such as Blue Flame andWatcher's Greatsword.
By Anonymous
Tested with dark infusion and dark/resonant weapon at 50/50 dark build damage or counter damage was about 950ish!!! And rings was rob+2 flyn ring and dark clutch ring. If you are hexer or into dark then definitely recommend it!