Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Here's hoping you can cast all dark sorceries with this

Crossed fingers

lordnoah

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 13,185.50
dark sorceries most surely but dark miracles and dark pyromancies unlikely

Darkstride

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 609.00
Why wouldn't it be able to cast all Sorceries? All sorcery catalysts can do that....
I meant spells
So, i suppose this will replace Izalith staff (which doesnt give the dark boost we would have been expected to dark sorcery)?
Probably
???
So, just a buffed izalith staff? Whoop di doo. Now if it can cast dark miracles and pyros as well that would be something
Let it be a new Black Witch's Staff...

Or make the Izalith Staff useless
For everyone assuming that this staff will be compatible with all dark spells, it's highly unlikely. The description states that it's fit for dark sorderies, implying it's just another staff that can cast them effectively.

I do hope that this staff gives a much needed buff to dark sorceries cast with it. But it does seem like it would make the Izalith Staff rather obsolete :/

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
There is a way it could be better at dark sorceries without necessarily making the Izalith Staff useless. Like, say, if it were better at dark spells but worse with normal spells. Izalith Staff has A/C scaling, so if this had B/B or C/B scaling.
In my opinion, this staff should have some unique weapon art, similar to the Storyteller's Staff. I was thinking that it should have a buff similar to Deep Protection, although scaled down to not make it OP. This staff is, after all, related to the Deep.

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
That could be interesting. Some kind of buff not exclusively related to spell damage.
Mmmrrrggglll!!!
I had posted a comment earlier, wondering if the staff would have a unique weapon art, that possibly related to the Deep, or Dark Sorceries. I have looked at the files for the game, and can confirm that this indeed is the case.

SPOILER: The staff will have an ability called "Chant from the Depths", which will specifically increase the strength of Dark Sorceries.
how is that a spoiler?
This comment was posted before the staffs Weapon Art was revealed on the wiki, so I labeled it as a spoiler.