Discuss Demon's Souls and the start of the Souls Series
Wiki: Demon's Souls Wiki

Tully81

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,167.00
Wiki Edits: 3
I think I screwed my first play through up. Which is the best route to take completing worlds??
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 888.04
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 459
For a first ever run?

I'd recommend going kinda scattershot. After unlocking the Archstones, I'd wager that Stonefang might be the next place to tackle (at least a little). There you can find an invaluable NPC.

Other than that, if you're struggling, go somewhere else and come back later. For me, Shrine of Storms was the toughest area initially and was the last I cleared.

EDIT: Doesn't sound like this is a first ever run so disregard the above.

I've always found Stonefang overall to be the easiest area.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Saltheart

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 614.00
For clarity 1-1 = world - stage of that world

From what I remember this is the route I took:

1-1,
2-1, 1-2 (either order is fine)
4-1, 3-1, (I think most find 3-1 easier but 4-1 is a lot easier with a mace)
5-1, 2-2, 2-3, 4-2, 4-3, (I think that should be the easiest route since the arch demons in world 2 and 4 are quite easy)
5-2, 3-2,
3-3, 5-3 (either order is fine)

That's what I remember anyway. Sorry if it looks confusing, feel free to ask me any questions.

Tully81

Obsessed
Commander

Awesome thanks so much I'm gonna try that order. I screw up on my first run so I'm gonna start from scratch

Tully81

Obsessed
Commander

Yeah I'm stuck on shrine of storms right before the blind boss and also the stage where the dragon perches on the path and blows fire at you. I've exhausted most of my important items (stones,health,spice) I just figured my best bet would be to start over. I'm a caster but I was thinking of trying quality on my second character

Saltheart

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 614.00
Normally 1-2 is easier than Shrine of Storms although I rarely played as a caster. Strength and Health is normally the easiest build for your first playthrough although being a caster is certainly possible. Is there a specific enemy or section that's giving you trouble or the whole area?

Tully81

Obsessed
Commander

The part with the flying sting rays after the reapers, with the rolling skeletons. On the way to the blind boss although I think I can deal with it better with my new build. I'm gonna try gonna try it tonight

Iridiumraven

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 2,505.00
Wiki Edits: 226
It might depend on your build though. I would recommend to approach this game with a mixture of warrior and mage. Using certain spells you can make the game much more easier. Why?

-Certain tough bosses are weak to some forms of magic.
-There is a spell called, if I am not mistaken, warding, that boosts your physical defense quite a bit. Ideal for strong enemies that deal physical damage and could kill you in two hits.
-Most forms of magic are ranged, and can help through the dungeons to lure some enemies.

So I would say, go for a hybrid of 3 things. First magic, then use weapon that scales with magic, then find a good bow and raise your stats accordingly. And I say find a good bow because there are parts in which you will need it.

Edit: There is a farming spot in the Storms world where you will need to use a bow.

Cheers and good luck, the game is love!
VIP

AnCapaillMor

Revived
Savior

HorseLord of Horseington

Souls: 1,870.75
Bank: 3,199.99
Wiki Edits: 58
Tully81 wrote:Yeah I'm stuck on shrine of storms right before the blind boss and also the stage where the dragon perches on the path and blows fire at you. I've exhausted most of my important items (stones,health,spice) I just figured my best bet would be to start over. I'm a caster but I was thinking of trying quality on my second character

Red or blue dragon? Because you can kill red fairly easily with a decent bow and a good few arrows or with binoculars and soul ray. As for spices, health, don't worry about them, enemies drop them a lot, you'll be throwing them away at some stage( world 3-1 is best for spices btw).
Shop IconShop Icon

Tully81

Obsessed
Commander

Thanks everyone. I started making a Mage/strength hybrid and it seems to be working very well on this playthrough. Another thing I don't quite get is world tendency. How do I make it black, pure white etc? I know there are certain events/things that happen during certain colors but I don't get how it works