Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki
By Anonymous
My favorite thrusting sword. (It's R2 attack is very effective and fun to use) Plus it is gud 4 pvp
By Anonymous
Satan
By Anonymous
I will fully admit that sometimes I feel guilty when I use it in pvp
By Anonymous
If it isn't estoc and not ricards rapier than the DS3 counterpart of this would be the crow quills.
By Anonymous
huh? The DS3 counter part would be Crystal Sage's Rapier because it's a magic piercing sword.
By Anonymous
Unfortunately, the first responder is correct. It would be the Crystal Sage's Decoration Sword and all of it's inferior might.
By Anonymous
I'd argue the Crystal Sage's rapier doesn't make sense, as it's a crystal/magic weapon. While Velka's Rapier does deal magic damage, that's due to the natural Occult infusion. Occult in DS3 is the Dark Infusion. So a rapier with a Dark infusion would be the closest to Velka's Rapier. Due to Velka's affiliation with crows and the Painted World, I'd say a Dark-infused Crow Quill rapier is the closest. Combine with Wolnir's Crown and the Black Set and you can make a pretty good Pardoner of Velka cosplay.
By Anonymous
When two handing the rapier, the strong attack is reversed in direction, so it makes a V shape (V for Velka)
By Anonymous
Is that true? FromSoft don’t like fun though, so why’d they put a Zorro reference in Dark Souls?
By Anonymous
I wonder if Velka has a... Vendetta.
By Anonymous
Probably best sorcerer weapon. Range is only slightly shorter than estoc, but also attacks slightly faster. Also, while split damage, the damage and scaling are oddly high, allowing this to be rather competitive to an unruffled raw rapier or estoc.
By Anonymous
not really
By Anonymous
"best sorcerer weapon" well I think you forgot about this greatsword made of moonlight that has an S in int, shoots projectiles, has a great move set, and dose not deal split damage.
By Anonymous
i mean mlgs is good and all, but when doing any form of organised pvp the rapier is better since you can go for quick hits with much less risk of a parry. also, velkas can be better on lower poise builds, such as other casters and has a great moveset as well. and keep in mid your a caster, with much better projectiles at your desposal
By Anonymous
good as backup, otherwise just buff a standard weapon with cmw
By Anonymous
I know the titanite Catch Pole has a***** moveset, but it does monstrous damage at 60 INT. Maybe i might have Velka's as a sidearm to it or something, i never considered it super viable in PvE
By Anonymous
With 50 Int and 27 Dex I do just shy of or over 900 on a back stabbed with velkas blade, considering is relatively fast move set I would recommend it for it's dps but it depends on your play style
By Anonymous
So is this weapon Enchantable or not? There's conflicting info on this page as of 4 October 2018 12:29 AM
By Anonymous
It isn't enchantable. Nothing upgraded with twinkling titanite has ever been enchantable
By Anonymous
Just like to point out that Silver Knight Straight Sword is enchantable and it upgrades with Twinkling, there's probably others aswell.
By Anonymous
How do you use the backstep plunge attack with the dark wood ring? I've gotten the ring and have it on but I can't do the plunge
By Anonymous
Neither can I. I've tried googling it, can't find anything else whatsoever that mentions this. I'm onto you fextralife :eyes:
By Anonymous
The backstep it's referring to is the replacement rapier and curved swords have for the kick. You press forward and R1/RB and instead of kicking you'll get a backstep. Apparently, ysing the DWGR will turn it into a forward thrust instead.
By Lux_the_Lost
Pretty late for this, but you need to be able to fast-roll to get any use out of that ring. So less than a quarter of your equip load.
By Anonymous
Pretty funny to use also has a good scaling damage and it's fast af.