Discuss the Forums, the blog and Wikis
By Wh4mmy
After i try to submit my first post that message appears, anyone knows why? Thanks.
By Wh4mmy
I tried to submit a post in Dark Souls III (General Discussion), and yes, the post include 4 link of videos (to explain some things of the post), but for some reason after submit it, i go to my profile and I see the message on the post "The requested topic does not exist". I dont know what is the problem, maybe you could help me. btw im new in this site, so sorry if i passed off the rules. Thanks
By Fexelea
Posts Posts Avatar
Ok.
1. I'm moving this to "Site Discussion" since you somehow created this on the Nioh subforum
2. When you submitted the thread, you should have seen a notification on the screen that your post would be held awaiting moderation.
3. I can see you created 5 threads without noticing the above, they are all in the moderating queue.
4. New users are asked to participate in the forums before linking to their own content, and to continue being active members and limit their self-promotion going forward. You can read our guidelines here. Since you posted a tutorial, I'll approve the thread but I will remove your request for people to check out/sub to your channel. Members of our community do not really like this.
By Wh4mmy
Alright, I got it, thanks you so much for the help.
By ElvesRule
Posts Avatar
Fexelea wrote:Ok.
1. I'm moving this to "Site Discussion" since you somehow created this on the Nioh subforum
2. When you submitted the thread, you should have seen a notification on the screen that your post would be held awaiting moderation.
3. I can see you created 5 threads without noticing the above, they are all in the moderating queue.
4. New users are asked to participate in the forums before linking to their own content, and to continue being active members and limit their self-promotion going forward. You can read our guidelines here. Since you posted a tutorial, I'll approve the thread but I will remove your request for people to check out/sub to your channel. Members of our community do not really like this.
Yeah, I can really vouch for point The blatant self-promotion really bums me out. I never fall for click bait and I consider reporting these Johnny-come-lately self-promoters. It ruins this site for me, honestly. Luckily Souls is ending so I won't have to skip past the promoter posts for much longer.

Fex, I really wish you would clamp down harder on this. Like the "story-teller" in the DS3 forum who only showed up to self-promote, makes no contributions to the community, continuously bumps his own threads. In short, the complete opposite of our award-winner TSMP. I would volunteer to be a moderator if I could take down these hucksters who take advantage of our community.
By ElvesRule
Posts Avatar
Fexelea wrote:I think I recently had to delete a patron promotion thread by that user. Report the offending threads so I can get to them :)
Fex, I think you did light a fire under the fanfic guy because I come back after a few days and see he's answering in other threads, started an actual on-topic thread, and even offered co-op assistance to some n00b. Now THAT's more like it. He's making an effort, so he can keep posting his self-promotional fanfic.

I still won't follow his click bait, but at least he's acting like a real member.