Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!

TheMirage

Souls: 35.00
Hey there! I'd love to help out with some reviews for the site. I know I don't have a ton of posts or site exposure but i'm working on changing that. ( I made an account quite a while ago and kind of forgot about the forums.) As far as interests go...RPG Fanatic ranging anywhere from classic JRPGs to Soul Series types to more modern western RPGs. When I'm not locked into an RPG I dabble in some sports games and some multiplayer. Excited for a lot of titles starting in February. Let me know if I can be of some service!

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 23,006.50
Wiki Edits: 18
Oh, question. You said to say what games I'm playing right now (Pokemon) or plan to play (Persona 5) but does that mean you want reviews of whatever random game or are you talking specifically about new games?

Except in rare-ish cases where I buy a bunch of indie titles at once, I buy like 1 new game every like 3 months, because I'm poor. If you just want me to review new games you aren't gonna get much of that from me unless you provide them for me. If you want me to review whatever random game I've recently finished, you're going to get a lot of old games that nobody but me cares about. I'd be very happy to explain in great detail why Skies of Arcadia is the best thing ever if you want me to, but I don't know that anyone other than me and it's like 6 other fans will care. (They should, because it's the best thing ever, but I don't think they will.)
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
Yeah... that's a good question. How are we choosing what to review? Is it being chosen for us? What's to stop, say, five different people from reviewing the same game, but then four other games go uncovered?
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
When it comes to either games we have codes for or games you're playing, determining who is writing it is first come first serve. If we say we have a code, the first person to express interest will have the opportunity provided that every one is taking turns. We're not going to let one person just spam reply yes to every request. If it's a new game you're playing on your own, the first to say, "hey I'd like to write a review for Persona 5" will determine that. We'd like to focus on newer games yes, because they're relevant. Older games we can potentially do as a Retro Review but that would have to be something a few gens back, so that would exclude stuff from the PS3 for example. So ideally, when it comes to new games you're we'd have a review for it a week or so after its launch.

So basically in this thread either we will say "Hey, who wants to review this code we have?" or one of you will say "Hey this game just came out and I'm playing it and want to write a review for it!" That will effectively assign the game to that person to begin writing the review.

I'm not sure I'd see a situation where 5 people would cover the same game though, if we're explicitly running a first come basis and taking turns. Is there something we're missing?
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Gaming News, Guides & Reviews / Gaming Wikis / Join VIP
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 58,103.50
Wiki Edits: 127
If only I had time To.

If I see a game that is newer that no One else reviewed and I have an Interest I'll try to write up a review. But no promises until I submit one. Been extremely busy with working lately.

Shop Icon

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
Emergence wrote:When it comes to either games we have codes for or games you're playing, determining who is writing it is first come first serve. If we say we have a code, the first person to express interest will have the opportunity provided that every one is taking turns. We're not going to let one person just spam reply yes to every request. If it's a new game you're playing on your own, the first to say, "hey I'd like to write a review for Persona 5" will determine that. We'd like to focus on newer games yes, because they're relevant. Older games we can potentially do as a Retro Review but that would have to be something a few gens back, so that would exclude stuff from the PS3 for example. So ideally, when it comes to new games you're we'd have a review for it a week or so after its launch.

So basically in this thread either we will say "Hey, who wants to review this code we have?" or one of you will say "Hey this game just came out and I'm playing it and want to write a review for it!" That will effectively assign the game to that person to begin writing the review.

I'm not sure I'd see a situation where 5 people would cover the same game though, if we're explicitly running a first come basis and taking turns. Is there something we're missing?

Nah, I'd just missed the part you said right now, is all.

If we want to review a game, would we announce it here, or in a PM, or somewhere else?

abraksil

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 719.00
I would love to help but I'm not the best person to write a good review. To be honest my view on games is twisted - Making them dose it to you :(
I'm making this roguelike game called Soulblight. Take a look :)
www.mynextgames.com
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

abraksil wrote:I would love to help but I'm not the best person to write a good review. To be honest my view on games is twisted - Making them dose it to you :(

Haha well all perspectives are important, and one from someone designing games would be illuminating.
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

TSMP wrote:
Emergence wrote:When it comes to either games we have codes for or games you're playing, determining who is writing it is first come first serve. If we say we have a code, the first person to express interest will have the opportunity provided that every one is taking turns. We're not going to let one person just spam reply yes to every request. If it's a new game you're playing on your own, the first to say, "hey I'd like to write a review for Persona 5" will determine that. We'd like to focus on newer games yes, because they're relevant. Older games we can potentially do as a Retro Review but that would have to be something a few gens back, so that would exclude stuff from the PS3 for example. So ideally, when it comes to new games you're we'd have a review for it a week or so after its launch.

Nah, I'd just missed the part you said right now, is all.

If we want to review a game, would we announce it here, or in a PM, or somewhere else?

Post here in this thread, this creates the visibility we need to make sure everyone is on the same page and helps us keep the fairness of taking turns.