Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
Hey folks! From time to time we receive opportunities from developers and publishers to review games. We also know that many of you are way deep into your own new release games. Because this is a community driven site, we want to make a call to every burdgeoning reviewer out there to join us and share your thoughts on games! We've all got opinions and as we know, gamers are some of the most opinionated out there!

We'd like to use this thread to establish a collective of review minded gamers who would be interested in writing reviews for the blog. You'll get editing help of course to help your opinions shine, so please don't by shy or uncertain. If you have ideas, you're a writer!

We would love to see reviews of games that the community would be interested, whether that's a new release you've picked up and are digging into or it's through an opportunity from creators themselves to play and review their game.

How to Write & Score a Review

The review template we follow is here: https://fextralife.com/the-dwarves-pc-re ... ered-tale/

We use these 3 headings for the review's written content: Story & Setting, Gameplay and Visual & Audio.

We then assign a score to each of the 5 criteria on the bottom of the review: Story & Setting, Gameplay, Visual & Audio, Replayability, Pricepoint and issue an overall numerical score from 1-10. We prefer .5 increments because honestly what is the difference between .3 and .4? At the end we finish things off with a little summary blurb to encapsulate your thoughts.

We have Review Guidelines in place as well as scoring guidance. We take reviews seriously as a reputable publication. Check out the guidelines and our scoring explanations here: https://fextralife.com/review+guidelines/

Join the Fexus

So with that explained, please post here with your interest, and the types of games you'd prefer to review (as specific as possible, because we really want to match people up with the genres and subgenres they favor). Furthermore, if there are any specific games you are currently playing or are planning to play, please call those out too and we can get the ball rolling! No game is off the docket to be honest, but keep in mind this is an RPG forward community so focused content close to that has best chances of generating conversation and engagement.

If you're unfamiliar with the steps required to become a blog author, we've got your back: t47562/become-an-author/

Thanks! Can't wait to work with you all!
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Gaming News, Guides & Reviews / Gaming Wikis / Join VIP
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
Should be something I can do, I guess. It would be a good excuse to actually buy new games every now and then.

I'm pretty freeform as far as preferences go, though I do prefer games with RPG elements that let me tinker with all kinds of numbers, and have large-scale settings with serious consideration to character interactions on the plot. Look at Tactics Ogre (PSP remake) for a game that hits literally all of my good notes. I'd actually rate it higher than Bloodborne, though I don't play it as much since the multiplayer isn't really a thing.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,665.50
*raises hand*

I can do some reviews. I don't really have a strict preference to games, I play almost everything honestly. I've been playing Stardew Valley almost exclusively since it came out on consoles, and it's an RPG in some ways, depending on your definition.
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 2,414.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 460
I'd like to get back into it. My usual limitations apply. I don't purchase many new releases and left strictly to my own devices mostly stick to Plus.

I'm all about small indie titles, Vita included naturally. Favorite games aren't tied to genre as much as artistic direction. Brothers is an all time favorite for me for example. Just finished Gone Home and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and story driven is also a heavy leaning
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 23,006.50
Wiki Edits: 18
I was willing last time I was asked, that hasn't changed. I can only do PC and 3DS versions of new games though. (I mean, I guess I could do PS3, but there is like, 1 more game worth paying attention to coming out on the PS3 this side of the Pacific.) I'll let you know when and if that changes.

I play most genres to one extent or another, but that's not very helpful information for you so I'll generalize

I have a special fondness for:
RPGs (real ones, not random action games with stats bolted on.)
Linear narriative driven games (most JRPGs, The Last of Us)
Racing Games, with the specific caveat that I don't usually like the "floaty" (think Wipeout) racers or any racer that punishes you for doing well (think Mario cart and it's blue shells)
Open world games. (Provided the aren't that one Ubisoft game that keeps being reskinned by both Ubisoft and WB and do something actually meaningful with the space)

I (usually) don't:
Like Sims (Harvest moon, Sim City, anything that ends in tycoon)
Like Schmups
Like Platformers (or metroidvania games heavy on platforming)
Like RTS games
Like digital card games
Care much about competitive multiplayer (with the specific exception of racing games)

I never like Ultra Violence. No DOOM, no God of War, no Gears of War. The Last of Us is as far as I can go, and I had to stop playing that on multiple occasions.

For everything else, I have no particular fondness or dislike of the genre as a whole (even the random action games with stats bolted on) and it's just down to the individual game.
Last edited by Forum_Pirate on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 443,205.49
Bank: 10,719.71
Wiki Edits: 39902
I have batman and walking dead codes currently that I do not have time to review :S
Last edited by Fexelea on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Batman code gone now.
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 23,006.50
Wiki Edits: 18
I can. I haven't played the others though. (I don't know if that matters, either to the game or to you.)

They're pretty quick as I understand it. I have a lot of free time, habitually avoiding responsibility as I do, a couple hours to review random short games shouldn't ever be a scheduling problem for me.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 443,205.49
Bank: 10,719.71
Wiki Edits: 39902
These are for pc, but if I know who has interest I can ask for other platforms too
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

ElvesRule

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 7,550.00
I buy a lot of games, day 1. If I wasn't so lazy I would volunteer. But if you start a thread and ask specific questions, I'll share my opinions but I mostly put readin', writin' and 'rithmetic away when I became a gamer. Much happier for it, too. :cheers: