Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

26 attunemnt does NOT give you an additional cast.

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 531.00
Bank: 7,032.00
Wiki Edits: 1
well then
It did for me
Just started SOTFS recently, and wow. Lightning Spear went from 10 uses to 3. That seems incredibly harsh. Why not 5? these things aren't any stronger than emit force and you get 4 of those.
This is how you can tell if someone pirated DkS II. The base game got the same nerf shortly after launch.

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 531.00
Bank: 7,032.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Yep, I guess it was just too op for them
They get a lot more casts if you level attunement, making them better for a spellcaster rather than a melee/faith build.
How to get more lightning spears.I now you can buy from that woman that moves path.But only 3 uses.HOW DO I FIND MORE
open shrine of winter and you can buy unlimited ones and also you can find one in earthern peak
yeah, shine of winter has her sell infinte spears, but what you want to do is lvl attunement. not only do you get more slots and cast speed, but it has an hidden feature that increases the uses of each spell. like with this spell, having 10 att with give 3 uses per slot, but at 94 att it will be 15 uses. so getting att to 94 will give you 10 slots and 15 uses per slot, and buy 10 after shine of winter will have you with 150 spears. which is over kill and if you have 50+ faith, they basically OHKO most things. thou its mainly a mid late game thing, lightning scales much better in the higher faith levels, as oppossed to dark and fire magic that scale high early and slow down higher.

Lightning Spear is a more long-term spell to build into than it used to be - while the initial casts were nerfed heavily, the cast growth with attunement remained the same. By filling 10 or 11 attunement slots with Lightning Spear and a high attunement, you can break 100 casts pretty easily. It's just now less immediately easy to spam.
Scholar version, Earthern Peak chest is replaced with great heavy soul arrow.