Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

The worst game From Software ever put out. Nonetheless, this is a B-TEAM game. -clunky controls -garbage soundtrack -npcs are rude and uninteresting -horrible textures throughout the whole game -too many damn humanoids to fight against -the A.I. is so horrible enemies only attack you at the same time -each room in this game has like 15 copy-and-paste enemies -bosses are lame e have the same patterns -lore starts out as something innovative sure, but in the end is identical as Dark Souls 1 A big part of the flaws in Dark Souls 3 came from this garbage here, called Dark Souls 2, a B-TEAM game. And really, it's plain crazy how there are people out there lately that have been praising this piece of garbage. Dark Souls 2 will never be better better than Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, or Bloodborne. In my opinion those who are openly fanatics about DS2 really have mental issues. I mean, look at that hbomberguy on youtube praising Dark Souls 2, this is the kind of people who like this game lmao!
Amen brother. But even though I know this game is a steaming pile of diarrhea, I can't help but play it. MauLer is a god btw.

AutumnDusk_Wolf

Souls: 50.00
I’m not sure if my previous reply went through, so I’m replying again with a shorter message. The worst game FromSoft ever developed was Steel Battalion, as its entire concept was based on a failed experimental control system. DS2 at least has playable content. It offers a great deal of innovation in spellcasting (hexes and a wide variety of cross-over catalysts), combat (powerstancing and improving roll capabilities/item consumption speed), and customization from its predecessor. It just fumbled in the attempt. That has nothing to do with which branch of the company developed it, as it attempted to cover new territory. Complaining about DS3's flaws stemming from DS2 is almost nonsensical, since DS3 is much more closely based on DS1 in its mechanics and features. DS2 is largely original in its perspective of the Souls themes, and it offers an abundance of originality in its art and level design; DS3 echoes 1 more repetitively than Pachelbel’s Canon. It plays it so safe it becomes a mediocrity, since DS2's attempt at innovation was met with such fierce dislike amongst the fanbase. Alongside BB, DS3 shares the lack of versatility and primary flaws of DS1, not the flaws of DS2's experimentation. As if this comment was not long enough by now (lol), fandom of all sorts overshoots sensibility in its extremity, so it isn’t just DS2Muchers that fall into that. Bronies/Pegasisters, furries, Miku fandom (I don’t know what it’s called, but it is one of the worst), Twihards, and, yes, even Dark Souls fandom - all of it is extremely cringy. I don’t know why Miyazaki and this supposed “A-team” responsible for the development of DeS/DS1&3/BB are so fiercely revered, because it is ridiculous. Neither them nor their products are by any means foolproof (the most foolproof game I’ve ever played is actually Dragon Age: Origins, but even that one wasn’t perfect). So people need to chill out, enjoy whichever games they prefer without prejudicing the other, and stop lying about how “perfect” their beloved games are.

AutumnDusk_Wolf

Souls: 50.00
Dark Souls 2 is 5+ years old. It is perhaps badly developed, but it is not a bad game. Why it is STILL so fiercely condemned defies reason. What we have both said is already well-documented, so we aren’t expanding or contributing to the conversation over it. Instead, why not, in acknowledgment of where it fell short, suggest what it could do better? It’d be more productive than simply complaining about it, and we could steer the conversation away from arbitrarily confining it - and the people who enjoy it - to the derogatory. That said, another game that follows DS2's general ideas, refines them through feedback, blending them with the best elements of the other Souls games, and instilling them with enough original thematic material to stand on its own would have a great deal of potential in the void of the Souls games’ closing… I am interested in creating a community of people who share that belief and have a passion to help me draft it and see it happen.
Dark Souls 2 is still a good game. Scholar of the First Sin cleaned up most of the problems and made the game redeemable. instead of wasting your time complaining, play step away from the Souls series and play a game YOU are good with.
I played SotFS, and it was very enjoyable. I agree that it's one of the worse games when it comes to explaining what you're supposed to do, but the worst game that fromsoft ever made would have to be one of the kings field things. Those things did not age well at all. In fact, I'd ague that Dark Souls 3 is the worst souls game, as it's very hand holdy, and is comparatively short. It also has pretty lazy enemy design. Dark souls 2 has a lot more variety and does scale in a much better way.
Genuinely love this game. Its environments may not be as masterfully crafted as those of DS1, but its gameplay is infinitely better than that of DS1; not nearly as awkward and dying usually feels like you made a mistake instead of dying to weird geometry and odd hit detection. I love that its story is more separated from those of DS1 and DS3 because this is a "standard" cycle, unlike DS1 which is the second linking and DS3 which is the last. Second only to DS3 for me!
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on DS2 being better than DS1. If anytyhing DS2 has much worse hit detection than DS1. Also most of the enemies in 2 are just the same thing copy pasted and you get ganked to death. It's not hard in a fair way. It's hard in a BS way. It also feels slow and like you're moving through water. And the healing system is garbage. DS1 and DS3 >>>>>>>>>DS2 I understand what the developers were trying to do, but this game is in no way shape or form better than the first.
This game is pretty cool