Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

Conde_Nado

Souls: 50.00
Ds2 is great
but the wiki for this game is horrible they are much more incomplete than the Ds1
an example in Ds1 talks about the boss, strategies, history, blows.
on Ds2 it only talks about the boss and a little bit of history :[
"Ds2 is great"
Understandable. Have a nice day.

Conde_Nado

Souls: 50.00
I think most people who didn't like Ds2 were because they started with Ds3 first
Yeah, I started with DS2 and couldn’t get enough of it but when I began DS1 I immediately noticed the more fluid animations quickly started to enjoy it more than DS2 and I definitely see the struggle first timers have adapting to the feel of the game after already playing DS1 or even more DS3 because of it’s extra polish to the movement

Grim_Reaper

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 161.00
Wiki Edits: 17
"Most people who don't like DS2 started probably with DS1 first and are just angry they don't get more of the stuff they liked"
That's how the argument goes. Little desperate aren't we? DS1 back then. Ds3 now. What's next Bloodborne? Holy moly...
Imo, ds2 dlc is the best souls content there is. Unfortunately, the base game is what keeps me from replaying it. Dlc: spectacular level design, beating ds1 in terms of interconnectivity. The bosses are amazing too, the devs really grasped how to utilize the slower, methodical combat.
Base game: worst level design, worst bosses out of the series.
DS1 connects entire areas together while the DS2 dlcs have brilliantly connected shortcuts in each area. Nothing beats DS1 world design
the variety of weapons and possible builds are so good, and the PVP is pretty interesting Unfortonally, the entire PVE is utter trash.
I feel for players who started DS2 with SotFS because almost all of the changes in that version made the game more frustrating to play. Vanilla DS2 is better in every place except Dragon Shrine which became one of the coolest places in all of souls in the SotFS version. The difference in enemy placement and overall fairness is drastic between the two with the original being the much much better version. SotFS feels like a higher difficulty mode made for players who experienced the original but it can really harm a first timers overall impression of the game.

Grim_Reaper

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 161.00
Wiki Edits: 17
DLCs where the best parts you bad shi t insane lunatic.
The original DS2 base game is different to the SotFS remastered base game without even factoring the dlcs which were mostly unchanged. Nothing like throwing insults at people when you don’t have a clue what they’re talking about lmao
putting aside the design choices fromsoft made in this one, the game is scuffed, objectively broken in places, unpolished and quite simply unfinished. that said i still very much enjoyed playing it and encourage all souls fans to do the same, the diamonds in the rough like fume knight make it worth your time. it's just a shame the final product couldn't have been closer to what we saw in the trailers.
Scuffed? Maybe a little. And I agree there's some rough patches. But let's be honest, there were rough patches in Dark Souls 1 and in every From game after. This is probably as close as we'll ever get to "Japanese jank". Dark Souls 2 is still an amazing game all the way through, and I'd argue most of the issues with it are super minor.
No really the DS2 development had a much more brutal time than the other titles. Demon’s Souls and DS1 were unfinished but DS2 had a director switch in between and the content was redone. There’s some design decisions that have nothing to do with this like abundant enemy ganks etc but the development as a whole is the reason why it is the way it is. Yeah
The only thing I hate about Dark Souls 2 is that Bandai Namco owns it
it's almost trash, but You can have fun with a lot of builds, a nice PVP and some very good bosses like the fume knight and Sir alonne.
DS2 is really fun for what it is, I like the variety and level of detail they put into the game. The engine is trash and causes me die way more often then I feel I should be. Rolling animations take too long using healing items takes waaaay too long.
Still the king of critical animations. Demon’s Souls remake came close but the damage not syncing with the multi hit ripostes is a real turn off and the lack of a unique animation for the great axe and great club classes was a cop out on Bluepoint’s part (stabbing people with Bramd, come on now) but DS2 has everything just right in this regard.