Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

L4G

Casual
Convict

Souls: 185.00
DS2 is actually great I just started to pick it, up again after 7 months. Surely I am rusty in the game by now.
I recently bought the this game and someone is telling me it’s garbage. I’m really hoping you being a souls veteran I’m assuming that it would actually be good.
Played DS3 and DS1 prior to starting DS2. The graphics are not as good as either and the gameplay differs somewhat (quite a bit actually) from both. Initially, I wasn't enjoying the game. However, the more I got into it, the better I like it. Now I am really enjoying it as much as the others.

L4G

Casual
Convict

Souls: 185.00
The Bonfire Ascetic mechanic is actually a really interesting thing. It forces a bonfire to NG+ and the enemies, from it respawn and they are stronger and some more enemy placements which is quite creative.
Don't let DS2 haters get to you. This game is good. What I really like about this one and what the other souls games don't have: you can clear an area (if you kill mobs enough times they don't respawn)
The reason for this game's pvp to be still alive nowadays? It's simple: it's pvp is better than the other two games despite whatever anyone says about it's mechanics.

Miyazaki sucks at balancing that much

DankSouls133

Souls: 50.00
GG NO RE
Man, the critics really got to the people on this game... You can always find haters **** on this game for one reason or another. Having played all dark souls games, they all have their indisputable highs and lows, and at the end of the day it really is personal preference. So shame on all the people who can't understand that and attack others based on the generalised consensus that this game is the "black sheep" and "inferior" to ds1 & 3. Good day.
DS2 and DS3 are equals and DS1 is the best with it’s game changing world design
I'm extremely late to the series, as Remastered fixed what broke my experience of the first game. Playing SoTFS now, and I'd say Dark Souls 2 combined taking some good notes from Dark Souls, while having less insight into some concepts.

Areas in the DLC demonstrate it best (e.g. Iron Passage, Frigid Outskirts), where powerful enemies that wouldn't have respawned in the original, do respawn now. The iron knight guys with flaming shoulders are a fun challenge at first.... but as a constant obstacle they kill the flow of the game.

There's nothing wrong with dying, and challenge. But some challenges are only fun to overcome a single time. A bonfire near to the boss OR no respawns for particular enemies, woulda fixed this.
DS2 Was my introduction to the series because it was on sale. I loved it! Only question now is which next? Dark Souls 3, Dark Souls Remastered, or Demon Souls Remastered?
Dark Souls Remastered - was my first full playthrough in the series (OG Prepare to Die was broken AF).

IMO, original Dark Souls is a good demonstration of quality over quantity. Not played 3 yet, but from what I've seen, it carries over some of the refinements from Bloodborne.