Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki
By LordWobbuffet
This is my favorite weapon in the entire game. My first character was a quality build with 30 str/dex and I got my hands on this and I fell in love. It has beautiful combos and you can be very effective 2 handing or 1 handing it. Just a good weapon for any situation.
By Anonymous
I wasn't able to find a weapon I liked more either. It's really good in every respect: speed, damage, move set, range, and so on.
By Anonymous
Great combo: 2H R1, R1, and then R2; most opponents reactively roll all vertically, so this is like to clip them, it worked twice on a chugger, killing him the second time.
By Anonymous
Very formidable weapon in the hands of a experienced player
By Anonymous
Both of the 2H R2's deal thrust damage, this was tested on one of the Aldia Keep Ogres.
By Anonymous
I love this sword
By Anonymous
Identical scaling to the Longsword.
By Anonymous
For DLC enemies and company of the champion this weapon doesnt have enough poise break and too slow
By Anonymous
İ've finished the entire game with claymore good moveset.
By SilverKnightDragon
Posts Avatar
the stone ring and this will stagger lock all but the largest enemies even the DLC.
By Anonymous
"Need a dagger? No? How about a claymore?"
By Anonymous
While the claymore is tied with the bastard sword as being the most visibly bland greatsword in the game the moveset, range, and output are fantastic I also love the sweeping R1s in the two handed moveset. I am genuinely disappointed that dark souls 3 doesn't have a two handed sweeping R1 on any of the greatswords just the same copy pasted smash, lift, smash, lift, smash, lift, etc. feels like B team had way more imagination for diverse weapon movesets (and hybrid movesets) than A team.
By Anonymous
...Or a full suite of sweeping and thrusting attacks would have destroyed spacing in a game that heavily favors spacing? Have you considered how every Ds title is very mechanically different
By Anonymous
Astora greatsword in DS3 has a great moveset, exactly as described, and is one of the best weapons for pvp, and is also good for pve, but can be weak in certain fights.
By Wolf_Pwnz_Noobs
Posts Avatar
I very much agree. The Bastard Sword & Firelink Greatsword can have had those sweeping attack patterns.