Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki
By Anonymous
I just beat the dlc for the first time and it raises some serious questions about this character. She was around in the Abyss to lead me to Sif. So she can either walk through time herself, or she is just very very old (and remember, the only other people who live that long are gods. Even Sif went from a puppy to full grown in that time. Alivna still looks the same). Also, she cares about Sif and wants me to find him, or at least wants me to defeat Manus and knows Sif can help. I'm sure this kitty has an angle of some kind, I just don't know what it is!
By Anonymous
Like all DS ‘lore’ you can pretty much just make something up and run with it.
By Anonymous
The time in Lordran flows in strange ways. Sif and Alvina were in the Abyss with Artorias, so we can have a lot of speculation. You may think that the time in the Abyss flows slower, or trillions of other things. Pretty much anything is possible about this, since we know that age isn't a problem to great part of the caracters. Just let your imagination flow (How much "flow" I used in this post?)
By IncrediblePlum
CONTINUED: It's also similar to how FromSoft did the world building in the Armored Core. You play a very stand-offish role as a "Raven" mercenary and you only hear about the conflicts and history of the governments and corporations in passing during mission briefings...
By IncrediblePlum
Like another reply said, time is weird in the DS universe. So you need to think like Miyazaki did as a child and take what we can understand and fill in the gaps, not in a canonical way like a comic or the MCU would, but with indirect references...For example, I feel after playing DS2 that Shalquoir is a reincarnation/inspiration of Alvina, the B team in DS2 seemed to be a bit more direct in their references, but they had time and another game to refer to but they went so far as to say in the description of the Silvercat Ring, "Legend has it that when cats grow old, a force brews within them, and they are reborn as something new." so it really leaves the door open to headcanon while giving just enough room for speculation. Honestly I think it's one of From's best traits and actually is the defining feature of the SoulsBorne series to me ...
By IncrediblePlum
FIRST PART: Yeah, like another post said, time is weird in the DS universe. You kind of need to think of it like how Miyazaki read books as a kid. You take what you can understand and fill in the gaps, but not in a continuity MCU kind of way, but in a referential/inspirational sort of way. After playing DS2 I can't help but feel that Alvina and Shalquoir are linked, as DS2 references her as an "Ancient Being" and describes the Silvercat Ring thus, "Legend has it that when cats grow old, a force brews within them, and they are reborn as something new." It's the oblique storytelling that is to me the most fun and defining aspect of the SoulsBorne series...for some reason this part didn't post, so now it's a post-script...
By Anonymous
Eu fui atacado pelo seu guarda costas sem ter enfurecido ela
By Anonymous
os caçadores vão te atacar até vc se juntat ao covenant dela
By Anonymous
tortilla paella cerveza
By Anonymous
eu não sabia sobre o covenant e recusei, péssima ideia
By Anonymous
She's so hunky and handsome I love her.
By Anonymous
ITS A FCKING CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHES A TINY LITTLE CAT AND SHE RUNS A LIL COVENANT!!!!!!!! GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHES A CAT
By Anonymous
:)
By Anonymous
But remember, please do not the forest cat.
By Anonymous
Crazy cat lady? Is that you?
By Anonymous
Who wants to tell him she's in DS2 as well, as an early game salesman?
By Anonymous
I'm curious to her relationship with Sif, she leads to rescue him in Chasm of the Abyss while he's still a puppy and stays with him till he's several centuries old.
By Anonymous
Não se juntei a ela, e em seguida ataquei, vai acontecer alguma coisa em breve na gameplay?
By Anonymous
isso significa que você não pode se juntar à aliança dela
By kroger
Posts Avatar
you can hear her make funny cat noises if you talk to her with voice volume at zero :)
By Anonymous
My dog agrees with u...
By Anonymous
Looks like a Pallas cat somewhat
By Anonymous
Alvina: I shall summon others who by their honour will work tirelessly with thee! ..... Others stand aside and do nothing.