Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
dark orb go brrrrrrrr
By Anonymous
*goes*
By Anonymous
Umm akshually it's "goes"!
By Anonymous
Resonant Soul says it can be found in a chest, is this in SOTFS? If so, where is this chest? It is not mentioned in the spell's page.
By Anonymous
It's not, u buy it off felkin
By Anonymous
I was thinking of doing a miracle only run, but since they've been nerfed quite a bit I decided to do a mixed run of Miracle&Hexes
Weilding both Light and Dark, should be fun
By Anonymous
So there is 0 healing spell for hex. That kind of sucks wouldbhave liked to use that instead of having to use other healing magic to heal
By Anonymous
just use miracles, you need to level up your faith stat anyways. also, it would be pretty stupid to make dark, shadowy magic be able to heal
By Anonymous
What about Resonant Flesh?
By Anonymous
they literally all require faith...
By Anonymous
If you use hexes, you'll have neough faith for healing miracles.
Also there is a healing hex: Resonant flesh
Also you can use the pyromancy: Warmth
By Anonymous
Fun alternative hexer is skipping attunement and going to Shulva early to get Wrathful Axe and both Sanctum Crossbows; thats basically a Dark Orb, a dark version of Soulspear Barrage, and a dark Wrath of the Gods. Best get repair spell asap also. At any rate you can put more points into something other that attunement. Get a lot of darknight stones and enough stats to use and carry atleast the polearm and one cross bow and upgrade dark q lot. Its pretty effective and fun. If youre into polearms. Im sure Velstadts hammer will do otherwise but you cant get it as early.
By Anonymous
I mean yes hexes have best dmg but i wouldnt csll em broken. They cost more slots to attune, resonant hexes cost souls to cast, they scale with lowest of 2 stats. You have to sacrifice a lot to make a pure hexer, especially a chime hexer, any item that amps damage has a draw back: domino mask, blue dagger, dark clutch, abyss seal; all makes your squishier in some way. Especially going with all as a pure chime hexer. It helps if youre comfortable with melee first because most enemies will be in your face. But when you make it work, oh boy. I dont call that OP or broken, thats a trade off. Damage is broken sure but survivability is lowest out of all non-challenge builds.
By Anonymous
All your trade offs are non-issues when it comes to pvp.
By Anonymous
They should have kept hexes in DS3, change my mind
By Anonymous
There are litterally hexes in ds3
By Anonymous
what do you mean? there are hexes, lots of the dark pyromancy and sorceries are the same as the ds2 hexes and also require both faith and intelligence, the only difference is that it doesn't call them hexes. Although maybe they could've put the hexes that required souls because they would've been more fun without soul memory.
By Anonymous
Yes. They should've, dark sorceries and miracles of ds3 are **** (xcept maybe dorhys)
By Anonymous
yeah, the dark miracles suck but to say Great Soul Dregs and Affinity are **** just means you're dumb as hell
By Anonymous
I'd argue that Deep Soul and Great Deep Soul are also quite good as well, yes they're weaker, but you can spam them like crazy due to their low FP and Stamina costs. Also don't forgot about Deep Protection, yes it's a weaker buff, however it stacks with the Sunlight Strait Sword's WA so you can use both of those at the same time, it also uses one less Attunement Slot than Sacred Oath does. The only real drawback with it is that it doesn't effect allies as well. However I do agree that Hexes should have stayed as their own spell class like they were in this game, that way we could have gotten more of them.

Black Flame is a really good spell, the Deep Soul line (including GSD) is great with the lower tier spells being some of the most spammable spells in the game with great tracking and GSD being very powerful, Deep Protection is a great combo buff when not using Power Within, Dorhys Gnawing is an AMAZING PvE spell that can bleed bosses like Nameless in two hits. Dark Magic isn't ****, however it's definitely a husk of what it was in Dark Souls 2, that's for sure.
By SlaveKnightKos
I didn't get the trophy when I got all the hexes in SotFS (Yes, all the hexes, i checked many times [Yes, even the DLC ones]), the only two explanation I could come up with is that spicing down my dark weapon made it not count, or the game is totally broken. I haven't tried getting them all on another character.
By Anonymous
are you sure this is even a trophy? they may be part of the miracle and sorcery trophies, or you might be missing one as there are many items and spells that cant be acquired until ng+ and beyond.

i’d double check
By Anonymous
I got the trophy. Check ng+
By Anonymous
To be honest, I think Dark Soul 2 has the best hexes
By SlaveKnightKos
and the only ones
By Anonymous
nah ds3 has hexes, they just aren't in their own category
By Anonymous
ds1 dlc has hexes too
By Anonymous
people say various magics are overpowered however, i find this is not the case. they require -much- heavier stat investment to set up and around 90% of the enemies use melee. (which you have squishy physical defense) if you want to consider it anything it is more like a glass cannon, rather than overpowered.
By Anonymous
Just because it is a glass cannon doesnt mean it's not overpowered. Even if a boss kills me in one hit, it's broken that I can kill it in one hit
By SlaveKnightKos
But you can't kill it in one hit, unless you use climax on early game bosses, and that is what the spell is for.