Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
Memorise before a boss with lots of armor
By Anonymous
...You need to have even more armor...
By Anonymous
Anyone note if this can backstab? Crippling blow can, so just curious if there is even more synergy with warfare/scoundrel down the road.
By Anonymous
Gonna answer my own question here, the answer is yes! It seems to be a much better source spell than daggers drawn, or even Mortal blow. Mortal blow is definitely more damage if you can get the bonus, but the difference of 3 source points vs 1 is pretty nice.
By Anonymous
Woah, nice, thank for the info!
By darthphallus
Does this calculate physical armour trait before or after attack?
By Anonymous
I think before
By Anonymous
Where do you find it ? buy it ? or craft ?
By Anonymous
Appears at vendors who sell warfare skill books when you hit level 16.
By Anonymous
Just tested it, mine does about 800 armor. Hit my mate he has 400 armor and 2100 hp and it took his armor and did 400 damage. i have 1400 armor. To me for a source point seems like a waste. If my armor is higher then only benefit is if the skill did very little damage, for a non strength build. thus saving you from having to do a lot of damage to their armor.
By Anonymous
It's a 150% damage attack than can knockdown for the same AP as a standard attack, and what else are you going to use your SP on as a warrior? That's pretty much it's only use. If it calculated the physical armor difference AFTER the strike then the effect would be useful, but it doesn't so it's just fluff text. Hard to justify the 3 memory slots for this though.
By Anonymous
This skill is meant to be abused by ai melee sorcerers, but it's a waste for players on tactical. They always have more armor than you, so such a 'healthy and smart balance' from the devs.
By Anonymous
Wrong on everything. As sword&board it will erase Pdef from many things literally by first swing. Not enough own armor? Add here stoneskin+Bonecage. As 2hander this is most powerfull thing for killing bosses, nasty targets. Do some damage, till target's armor<your overpower damage, and then land it. Knockback+devastating damage. DeathWish(+Living on the Edge ofc)+Enrage=instant death
By Anonymous
This skill is totally OP. Renders combats too easy. We play on tactical and I use it in every combat. I have Fane with 2700 physical armour. I enter combat always with the Time Warp. Put buffs before battle, so the final armour is something about 3,5 k. It takes every NPC armour away with one hit. After that - CHICKEN.
By Anonymous
How do win any combats if the enemy “always has more armor than you”? Nothing says you can’t chip away for a round and then use this.
By Anonymous
I used this on my lone wolf tank and it worked wonders, my guy always had more physical armour than the enemy at the start of battle or just needed to get a single hit in than you take away all their armour (10k+ damage lategame) and they don't get to take turns anymore