Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Is this bow any good? I want to create an archer build
If you're going for a high dex build your best bet will be the Black Bow of Pharis. It has an S scaling in dex and the longest range of all bows.
it is a good bow for being closer to the target since it is faster. but if you want to attack from afar then you are better off using Pharis bow.
Yeah, its really good. The only thing is that you basically need the hawk ring if you want any form of respectable range for sniping. I personally find that any of the bows are very viable, and the short bow gets pretty good dex scaling and the same range as the long bow, but can be lacking in terms of damage, but it is fast. If you just wanna swap just to agro people from a range then go with the black bow of pharis. However, The black bow takes 20000 souls and going past a huge gauntlet of enemies, but it is technically the best.
Yes, it's the best bow in the game on a quality or dex build imo. It does more damage than the short bow at 16 str e and 40 dex, and way more damage at 28 str and 40 dex.plus it's draw speed is quicker than the pharis bow, allowing you to have good maneuverbility while also having good damage.
Yes. If you want damage this is the best bow you can get. Even at 99 dex it still does more damage than black bow of pharis
It doesn't do more damage than the Black Bow of Pharis at 99 dex, it just shoots faster, dealing more DPS
You should probably have both a fully upgraded composite and pharis bow for different situations, along with maybe a longsword as a side. But yes, it is a good bow at short range.
Does a bear **** in the woods?

Best Bow in the game by far but for an Archer try Black Bow of Pharis, it fits the playstyle better for less investment in Strength. Unless you want to also wield Bows larger than your body Strength is costly to invest in.
My best bow every new NG
Love this Boy
Title says "Composite Bow +5" They probably meant +15?

ThunderFlip

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 25.00
Bank: 2,414.00
Wiki Edits: 254
Fixed
Is this the best Bow for Lightning/Fire/Chaos? Ich think so because of highest base damage with no scaling, but i'm not sure.
This is the best bow for damage, no matter the upgrade.
So is magic or enchanted better? I have 42dex and 40 int.

ThunderFlip

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 25.00
Bank: 2,414.00
Wiki Edits: 254
Based on your DEX, I would imagine Magic would work out better for you with slightly improved physical scaling. If you believe the scaling numbers above the tables (which I don't) Magic also has higher magic scaling than Enchanted (which makes no sense whatsoever).
I can't ascend the bow past +5 despite having all embers, as in it's not giving the option at the smith in the parish. Anyone else facing this problem?