Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Is he a darkmoon blade covenent member too? I watched in a video where he and the anor londo fire keeper attack the player after the player attack the (gwynevere)boob goddess
I just had that happen to me and I wondered about it as well. I went back to Sen's Fortress and he was still there. I guess the attacker in Anor Londo is just a reused model and not the actual Crestfallen Merchant.
The one in Anor Londo is a Berenike Knight like the Merchant is, presumably gone to Anor Londo after you defeat the Golem. Hence the similar armor.
Last I checked, Sieglinde and Siegmeyer aren't the same despite wearing the same armor. The dude who attacks you in London is some other betwnike armor
This man is a prime example of cynicism done WRONG. No charm, all complaints and an ugly armor set. Truly sad.
I prefer the Crestfallen Warrior. At least he was more relatable than this dude. Still, you have to feel a bit bad for the poor bastard. Having given up already means he'll go Hollow soon...
Right... because cynicism is practiced as just a way to have personality and be "charming"...
I like the armor, and cynicism isn't really meant to be charming in any way. But I do agree his character could be better built. It's also why I hated Hawkwood in 3, all he really does is nag and moan. At least the knight guy in 2 gives out info and does more than complain... Anyways. Off to end all 3! 2 because I hate em, and 1 for a decent starting ring.
Cynicism is always loathsome. It's sarcasm that can be charming.

Somewhere, I read a good distinction between those two: Sarcasm is making light of your worries. Cynism is making light of another's worries. Or, in a rather drastic example: A guy get's beaten up by a stronger man. Sarcasm is if the guy says: "Hm, nice, could I get seconds?". Cynism, on the other hand, is if the stronger man says: "Hm, you like that, don't you?"
To the guy trying to define sarcasm and cynicism; maybe look something up in the dictionary instead of trying to be a pseudo intellectual
VIP

Wolf_Pwnz_Noobs

Addicted
First Warden

Field Marshall

Souls: 823.00
Wiki Edits: 152
This Knight is actually the literal perfect example of cynicism done right. It's clear the OP doesn't know what cynicism is the moment he equated it to "charm" and disrespected the great armor set.
Just a thought but could this guy along with everyone else who wears the steel armor and carries the tower shield be a berenike knight since tarkus is the mightiest of them hence why all of his stuff is "better" than the normal steel armor and his armor is heavier so could he be one of the people who failed at throwing themselves at sen's fortress along with everyone else there save for the giants like the elite knight and the knight on the corner of one of the roof walkways could they have been going to anor londo but not went through yet but the merchant was close to tarkus yet didn't make it through with him or maybe after hearing of the death of tarkus he became crestfallen
You are like a 9 year old who just got an idea and wired on mountain dew, lol. I really couldn't understand where the sentences ended or began due to the only punctuation of that whole paragraph was quote marks. Not trying to down ya but it would help if you used proper sentences.
!is.this better? for "you"?
You just verified your age with that, you analphabet
VIP

Wolf_Pwnz_Noobs

Addicted
First Warden

Field Marshall

Souls: 823.00
Wiki Edits: 152
A wholesome theory! You have some merit.
I killed him with such pleasure... Mostly for that Catarina Knight he kiled
He most probably didn't kill the Catarina knight or any of the other people whos items he sells. If you talk to him he says he gets his items by looking for people who recently died, and then quickly looting their bodies before they go hollow. But then again he might have just been sarcastic and he actually killed them.
The reason why he is so nihilistic and cynical could be because he is the last of the undead Berenike Knights. In the armor description it states that many knights from Berenike went to Lordran to protect the undead from the hollows, but then they became hollow themselves. You fight one of them in the Undead Parish church and theres a guy in Sen's also. (They are the big guys with the huge shields). Or he could have just stolen the armor he is wearing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
david blaine
Why do people call him David Blaine anyway? (isn't that guy just some illusionist?)
****ing Patches