Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

While a little time consuming, it is quite possible to dodge past the dragon's first sludge wave to end up on the other side (from the Basin entrance) and, if the player stands just out of range of the toxic breath on the path beyond, it is quite possible to take around 30-40 standard arrows and shoot it to death from close range (targetting the neck/head for additional damage).
It is actually surprisingly easy to just run in and slash the dragon to death by attacking its chest. Lure it to use its breath attack on the right or left sides of the bridge, then run up the middle and hit it two or three times and then perfom the crucial observation: if it moves for a claw attack, retreat the minimum distance and return to slicing it up; if it uses its breath attack again, keep piling on the blows. This should kill it remarkably quickly.
I think I encountered a bug with this one, as well as the red one guarding the bridge. I died while fighting them, respawned and returned to fight them, and they were gone. Anybody else encounter anything along these lines?