Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki
By Anonymous
very good early game weapon for skilled players, warrior class+3 strength upgrade+ 1 minute to enter the chamber, get the eye and running into the coffin-----you get a cool weapon to deal with early game bosses without buying/ farming shards, it's already a +5 level weapon.
By Anonymous
I know right. :)
By Anonymous
I adore this sword. Been using it for a new build and it’s great. Heavy attack is a little slow but does insane damage, and the r1’s hurt. Toxic doesn’t do much, but it’s funny when you see your opponents health whittle down second by second. Also, the damage on this thing is pretty solid. 397 damage when maxed? I’ll take it!
By Anonymous
i got summoned by a gravelord servant few times (same player), he uses this sword. what the problem is, he started attacking me when i am still in the summoned position. I did not receive any damage but the poison buildup already occured, is this a bug? That doesnt make sense as I am unable to move yet, but the posion already started building up. Anyone encounter this?
By Anonymous
was the persons name galya? cuz this just happened to me 3 times i just left on the 4th lol
By Anonymous
This probably is a bug. If you fight the skelly's in firelink and die, you'll notice that you'll still build up bleed even after death.
By Anonymous
I think it's the same situation as when you fight four kings. IIRC When one of the kings die, you can still attack them when they're in the death animation and you'll do damage to the total health bar.
By Anonymous
Status effects still build up during iframes, not sure about PVE but it’s been a PVP bug since Demon’s Souls. Shame.
By pelida77
PVE it's a good enough weapon. PVP, I'd say it is High Tier? or a very good Mid Tier? Not at the very Top, but good enough for sure. It's funny because I used to think this weapon was bad; I guess is so easy to get that you see a lot of bad players using it. But then I started to fool around with it and once I got the hang of it I was really surprised. It has a great move set, very balanced with an amazing Running Attack, a fine R2 and a simple but effective R1. Good for Dead Angles.
Bad scaling. And it doesn't have the same range than a Murakumo (a better weapon for sure) but it's slightly faster.
The Toxin effect in PVP is for the most part useless (as with all poisons is just too slow for Meta, 5HP p sec) but still is kind of annoying for the opponent, and even if it's just very slow damage psychologically still takes a toll with an unexperienced player.
By Anonymous
High tier? Only on low levels.
By Anonymous
This is the power of Sparda
By Anonymous
thanks nito for the sword
By Anonymous
nito best skeleton
By Anonymous
I like this weapon but has anyone ever been able to poison anything with it in PVE ?
By Anonymous
no its just waste of time
By Anonymous
Right trigger R2 xbox to poison ascend and max out then kill everything quick whith 40 str/dex/sta
By Anonymous
the giants in sens fortress, others enemies dont have hp enough and die first or are immune/high resistance (like the bosses)
By Anonymous
haven't tried but probably the big worms(burrowing rockworm iirc) in lost izalith. They also just take 2 dung piles to be poisoned, which is easily enough to kill them.
By Anonymous
Yeah, Havel
By Anonymous
ive gotten it to proc on the big knights in anor londo
By Anonymous
the twinks weapon of choice, besides the oolacile ivory catalyst of course.
By Anonymous
How do you Twink?
By Anonymous
Well, you didn't really see "Twinking" that much in the original game or PTDE, I mean similar to something like in World of Warcraft, where players stop leveling at a certain level to be able to PVP at an specific bracket, using some of the best equipment/gear available at THAT level. You can beat Dark Souls at any level, that makes almost all the equipment and the means to upgrade it available. So what devious players usually did... was using late game fully upgraded weapons and armor with extremely low level characters, the opponents have no chance. These players liked to call this "twinking" when in reality it was just good old griefing. They've changed all these in Remastered making a somewhat complicated weapon matchmaking... all we still see is Griefing hahaha

By Anonymous
Don't forget the demon spear
By Anonymous
i need information does it scale with str dex because i dont know is it beter than black knight sword but broken hollow sword is still best
By pelida77
You can see on this page (and in game) that under the Strength and Dex symbols there's a letter E (in both of them). That means, that this weapon scales equally with Str and with Dex. You will get the same damage output for giving leveling points to the Strenth or to the Dex of your character (or to both). This is a decent weapon, but I'd say that because of this and the movement set, it's a Mid-tier weapon ... Other weapons will have, lets say an A on Dex and E on Str ; we call that Dexterity because it has a way better scaling on Dex
By pelida77
One more thing sorry, the scale system goes, from best to worse S, A, B, C, D, E, and - (which means non)
By Anonymous
("The miasma of death exudes from the sword,)
and this means toxin
so the games opening video states: (Nito unleashed a miasma of death and disease) which also means toxic and umm other sorts of sh!t
""""this might be an evidence to those withered toxic dragons.they might be dragons that were beaten by nito''''
hmmm strange
By Anonymous
uh forgot to mention this
(The miasma of death exudes from the sword, a veritable toxin to any living being.)
"this shows that miasma of death and disease might mean toxin"
By Anonymous
and disease could be poison or purified
By Anonymous
Do we
By Anonymous
Sorry, half response, or rather question. Do we consider the Dragons to be "alive" in the first place? After all, they existed before the First Flame?