Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki
By Anonymous
Hits like a wet noodle against Ornstein.
By Anonymous
Isn't that because ormstien and smough have divine on their weapons and armour?
By Anonymous
It's great for when you get it + a fast, versatile split damage weapon for quality builds. There are plenty of straight swords that scale enough to use for endgame, at least it isn't a joke weapon like in DS3.
By Anonymous
damage it is not that much difference from divine long +10. but i with it was generic like the sunlight straight sword.
By Anonymous
The worst straight sword in the game. And probably the most disappointing weapon overall. You need 3 stats to max out damage and even in this case simple straight sword with the same stats has better pure physical AR. It's not even available early game if you go through game in legit way without master key.
And the worst part it that it looks pretty good. Why can't they make something like big wooden stick a garbage and good looking weapon a good end game gear
By Anonymous
Dude we are not talking about physical damage here, it is magic damage. In the early game, this is one of the only offensive weapon you can get that scales with faith, even if you don't have the master key, it will still be the only weapon that scales with faith currently accesible to dem faith builds
By Anonymous
Lets say that you are not a faith build, it will still be useful to traverse the catacombs, at least in the early game, as after you got home from anor londo you can just degrade the occult club from havels secret dungeon to divine. Even though the damage will be trash as you don't have the minimum requierment to wield it, you can just use it to finish off those skeleton and they will still doesn't comeback.
By Anonymous
It's just as easy to get without the master key, simply go to the Valley of the Drakes through Undead Parish -> Darkroot, and pick it up there. You can even pop into Blighttown to get the New Londo Ruins key to open the short cut from Firelink while there.
By Anonymous
ami khai tangirlu tomrao amar shathe tangirlu khete esho kintu?
By Anonymous
fellow bengali , tor mare sudi.
By Anonymous
If you like swords:

Nice for dex builds. Works well until S&O boss.
Move to Silver Knight Sword after this. Spear is good too.
If you don't have 14 faith, well, i'm using the schimitar. It has got low damage but best est moveset.
By Anonymous
This weapon makes fast work of the Capra Demon, +5 it’s also a great substitute to the BKH early game for Faith builds, is quickly out preformed by a Divine longsword+10.
By Anonymous
"You can pick the sword up without waking the dragon but not the shield." Is just flat put wrong. Only picking up the soul keeps the dragon asleep, he wakes up immediately if you even stand near either weapon.
By Anonymous
Wrong. Just don't get close the shield
By Anonymous
Yes, the Dragon wakes up if you even look at the shield, but not if you grab the sword. Worth dying to get the shield too IMO. Just grab the soul and the sword first.
By Anonymous
Got it for the Oscar cosplay playthrough. Surprised at the early game damage! Hope this carries over, even a little, to late game when I've upgraded it and my stats.
By Anonymous
It does not. I did an Astora Elite Knight Build based on the cover art. Due to the split damage this weapon really struggles in the endgame.
By Anonymous
Split damage isn't the problem. It has really low base damage with only decent scaling, which is also from three stats. A divine longsword will always be better, except for ease of access.
By Anonymous
An excellent choice for an early faith build. Given the few damaging miracles in the game, this gives you a good offensive option until you can make a divine weapon yourself.