- Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:38 am
Why people hate this weapon? It's perfectly suitable weapon for early game dealing 200 damage.
To reach 200 damage with Uchigatana, you'd need +5 upgrade and 26 DEX, or +10 upg. and 14 DEX (+6 requires Large Ember in Depths, behind Capra Demon).
Personally I find this a great weapon for Parish and Depths, it allows me to put some levels into Vitality and Endurance early.
Maybe it's the sloooow cheesing with bow people hate?
There's no need for that, you can get the tail reliably with Gold Resin and fast weapon (Axe, Uchi and many other works).
1) Run from the bonfire up the ladder, below the bridge, choose equip to get below 25% equip load
2) Go up the stairs and around wooden railing to the safe corner (take a little bit wide angle so Wyvern sends fire and burns the mobs)
3) Move a bit to the side, stand just behind the corner, apply Resin and wait
4) After ~20s Wyvern jumps down on the bridge (if it sends fire instead, you're too close to the center of bridge)
5) Run (no sprinting!) to the tail along the side of the bridge, straight
6) Hit is 3 times: you'll get the tail
7) Go to the bonfire at Sunlight Altar (fire can hit you once, you should survive that if you're close to the side of the bridge)
Works every time :-)